Bag Question Bag Question Bag Question Bag Question
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bag Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Checkout

http://amishoutfitters.com/

Frank is a top notch guy . Call him and he will get you set up with your needs with no problem . Many Many Captains use lots of his items so that should speak for it self. Best bags out there hands down .

Dale

Post Thanks / Like

Call dream catcher he sells the bags that I use that are made by a Amish guy we know. I have 7 seasons on the bags that I have and they are still doing great.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bags

Quote Originally Posted by skipper9 View Post
    Call dream catcher he sells the bags that I use that are made by a Amish guy we know. I have 7 seasons on the bags that I have and they are still doing great.

Skipper-
    I need to get a new set of bags. What size are you running? The ones I am currently running will only get my Baha 278 down to about 1.8 MPH and I'm not sure what size they are. I would like to have a size before I call David at Dreamcatcher.

Post Thanks / Like

Default either Amish

Bag will work . Just make sure you get true Trolling Bags and not Drift Socks. Two different socks for sure .Quailty Trolling Bags will last forever .

Dale

Post Thanks / Like

Hey fellas there are several variables that go into bag selectionsuch as boat size, engine hp, and time of year you do most of your trolling. For me I run 54" bags in the early spring to early summer, mid to late summer I can run 36" bags. Rule of thumb its easier to speed up than to slow down. Yes you will burn a bit more fuel, but you keep more control too.

Rough sizing
    18-23 foot boats can usually get away with 30-36" bags
    24-26 36"-48"
    27-30 48"-54"

These are just rough numbers put ya close like I said depends on hp and speeds your looking for. We usually sell the bags and if your need to adjust size up or down bring it back pay the difference or well give you the difference back as long as they aren't damaged your good to go. These bags are tough never had any issues with them being swapped out like skipper 9 said 7 yrs no joke. Feel free to call stop in or pm me.
    David M Miller
    Dreamcatcher Fishing Bait & Tackle
    912-433-6000
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default trolling

I run a 150 yamaha on my 20 ft. boat. I use a trolling plate with much success. I can get down to .5 mph.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a 48 off one side and a 54 off the other... it seems to stay on course better that way..

Post Thanks / Like

I use 2 60" bags, one per side when its rough and run both engines. Calmer days when less propwash over the rudders are needed to control my heading, I use 1 60" bag and run the bag on the same side as the engine I have running. Both ways work equally well for me.
    Wellcraft 3200 Coastal T-454s

Post Thanks / Like

We run 2 48" most of the time. We might add another one out the back if we need to slow down even more in early spring. The ones from Dreamcatchers are the ones we run too, they are heavy and strong. They are also way cheaper than the ones from Amish Outfitters in price not quality.
    Imperial 24' walk-around
    17' Mirrocraft
    Lowrance Global Map 7600 HD

Post Thanks / Like

I use two 36" bags on a 18' boat and it allows me to get down to as slow as I want to go. The biggest problem that I have is that the steering gets real sloppy if you are not constantly on top of it. I cleat them off up front with both bags an equal distance back, which is about 5' up from the stern of the boat. Will going to smaller bags help to make it easier to steer? Need to come up with some solution.

Or is part of the problem the fact that they are cleated off 3' from the bow?
    Last edited by BossHogg; 03-20-2014 at 02:38 PM.