gas or propane auger gas or propane auger gas or propane auger gas or propane auger
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default gas or propane auger

Gonna be buying a auger. Can anyone give me there preference for a gas auger or propane. I've never used or seen a propane auger before, but hear several people talking about them. Thanks

Default Electric

My girlfriends uncle just got the new lithium electric one and its very nice do not shun away from that it performs just as well as a fuel powered auger

Quote Originally Posted by half pole View Post
    Gonna be buying a auger. Can anyone give me there preference for a gas auger or propane. I've never used or seen a propane auger before, but hear several people talking about them. Thanks
    FYI Reedssports.com has a nice sale on augers with FREE shipping, might ck it out when you decide what you want.

Thanks. So far I'm leaning toward propane I think.

I ordered one, then sent it back before using it. From research I did on the internet there is a problem with them icing up in in minus 0 temps,

Jiffy Pro Propane Ice Auger vs. Eskimo Mako: http://youtu.be/n2rSAycgerI

I just bought a Jiffy propane auger a few weeks ago and love it.

It starts on the 1st or 2nd pull every time. It seems to have a bit more power than my cousin's 2-stroke that we had been using. Only negative I can think of is that it is noticeably heavier than his gas auger but I usually haul it out strapped to the front of my quad.

I just bought a Jiffy 10 inch propane a few weeks back. I live on a small lake in Michigan and have used it quite a bit at home. Just used it on Erie last weekend.

I really like not having to mess with gas/oil. Just bring some extra propane tanks which can be used for heaters or the auger. It starts up a lot easier (usually 1st pull) than my cousin's 2-stroke that he bought new at the beginning of the season. It seems to have a bit more power than his auger too.

Only downside is that it is noticeably heavier, but I usually haul it out with my quad. I haven't had any problems with it icing up, but the coldest conditions I've used it in were single digits above zero.

Thanks. I'm leaning toward propane so far

Default Propane

My buddy got a new propane 10" auger to start the year. It's pretty awesome. Starts quick & has a lot of power too. I'm holding out till they make a 11.5" auger. LOL

Blog Entries

Smile

I have a Nils 8" auger that needs to be sharpened before next season. Who would you recommend that would be able to sharpen it? I live in Perrysburg