Oh What To Do????? Oh What To Do????? Oh What To Do????? Oh What To Do?????
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh What To Do?????

Heading over to fish for a week or so and usually go out of Catawba but seems like the majority of the fish headed west. Thinking about Metzgers...What do you guys think. Never fished out of there before. Found a place on the net called "Lake Erie Lodge" to stay unless you guys know of something better. How about bait??? I see that there is a bait shop there called "Butch and Dennys" close to the hotel if they're open in the winter. Any help is appreciated.
    LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO PUT A PRICE ON FUN!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default minnows

try hipps bait on rt 2. wards has been hot call ahead for lodging they been booked lots of fishermen lots of fish and the ice is around 18 inches average read the reports this site will give you info you need. hipps is open at 5 am shinners around 2-3 inches long. had many fisherman looking for lodging at bait shop weekends are full at erie lodge weekdays open make a reservation

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the information....I'm thinking of coming Monday - Friday to avoid the weekend rat race. How is the snow on the ice? I have a Honda 500 Rubicon....4wd....No chains.

Post Thanks / Like

Szuch bait (Rick Furgeson) is 1/4 mile east of Lake Erie Lodge across from Mienkes Private Ramp. Very generous and right size minnows (small to medium size). Fished Erie through ice for 30 years. I'll be getting bait there tomorrow am @ 6

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help all...I'll be at the Lodge Monday - Thursday so if you see a short, little Italian dude in a red suit with a red Honda Rubicon stop to say "Hi" and have a whack from the flask (Crown Royal) or Bota (Lambrusco).