Questions or help... Questions or help... Questions or help... Questions or help...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Questions or help...

Sorry guys it's been a busy winter and I haven't really had much to say.. I have been reading all the post I just haven't had much to add. As we approach the 2014 season if anyone has any questions or wants to run anything by me feel free to call anytime. . Most or you know you don't have to fish with me for me to support you... 614.327.7144. Thanks jim

Thanks Jim, great offer! One of these days I have to get down there and fish with ya! Probably not much fishin, more talkin
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Yes Jim I thought you were I hibernating. I am. Wake me up when it is 60 out. 88% of the Lake is froze. I have all my baits made and ready. See you in the spring.

PS Jim. We will have to have dinner some night when you are not busy with your wife!

Quote Originally Posted by skipper9 View Post
    Sorry guys it's been a busy winter and I haven't really had much to say.. I have been reading all the post I just haven't had much to add. As we approach the 2014 season if anyone has any questions or wants to run anything by me feel free to call anytime. . Most or you know you don't have to fish with me for me to support you... 614.327.7144. Thanks jim
    Hey Skipper9 you seem like a really cool guy to make such an offer. I think I'll take you up on it.

Can you tell me how to troll? I've been thinking about trying it out and need to know where to begin... What equipment do I need and what baits? How far back do you run your lures? What color? How do you keep your lines from being tangled when you troll? I have dipsie divers and I am doing research on how to use them so that I am ready to try trolling for the Spring jig bite that you guys keep talking about.

I know that is a lot of questions, please don't feel like you have to answer them all, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    -Matt

Once again he's a class act. If it wasn't for Skipper9 I'd still be trying to figure out how a fishing reel worked.
    He's taught me pretty much everything I know. Which isn't much but he's quadrupled the fish in my Boat.
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.

Default Walk On's

[QUOTE=Madd Matt;37259]Hey Skipper9 you seem like a really cool guy to make such an offer. I think I'll take you up on it.

Can you tell me how to troll? I've been thinking about trying it out and need to know where to begin... What equipment do I need and what baits? How far back do you run your lures? What color? How do you keep your lines from being tangled when you troll? I have dipsie divers and I am doing research on how to use them so that I am ready to try trolling for the Spring jig bite that you guys keep talking about.

I know that is a lot of questions, please don't feel like you have to answer them all, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    -Matt[/QUOTE

Better yet, go fish with him. He offers walk-on's quite frequently if you don't have a large fishing party. For around $100, you will learn a lot if you pay attention. Better to see it done than have it told to you. I am looking forward to fishing with him a few more times this year myself.

Default yes he can to all of this

Quote Originally Posted by Madd Matt View Post
    Hey Skipper9 you seem like a really cool guy to make such an offer. I think I'll take you up on it.

Thanks in advance!
    -Matt
    the answer to all these questions is yes! if you pay attention, jim will make you a competent fisherman on this lake! stay in touch with him and he'll make you one of the best!

Every one of your questions is answered many times here if you do a search Triton. Like mentioned, one day out on the water with someone who is experienced, will get you years ahead of the learning curve trying to do it on your own. There are so many little things we do forget to mention quite a few, but seeing them in action, and applying them right then makes a big difference. I have taken many out who read how to do it and tried and spent time without going with someone first and found the way they read it compared to how we do it picked up most of the tips/tricks in one outing and just need to fine tune on their boats. Just a bit of info.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Hey Jim can't wait for the ice to thaw and this white crap to go away! You know I'll be in touch to talk fishin and just to chat buddy. Thanks for everything.
    "ReelTime"
    Kencraft Challenger 215