Crane Creek Monster Crane Creek Monster Crane Creek Monster Crane Creek Monster
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

After it thawed out back home it weighed in at 13lbs 14 oz

Alumacraft Fisher Guest

very nice fish. That truly is a monster. How thick was the ice up there? How was the journey out? Deep snow or pretty easy travels? I tried out of Catawba last weekend with no luck and am planning to head out of Crane sunday to try and catch my first hard water walleye. I don't even care if its a throw back, I just want to bring one up through the hole.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brother of monster

Caught this 31" slob! On Tuesday the 11th. 5.5 miles out of Crane Creek. This picture was after it froze solid , only a high of 12 deg. That day. We caught our limit by 4pm. 3 were fish ohio!!! #5 pimples all the way , white with dark green tape was hot lure. Fish were hitting 10-12 feet off bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bro of monster

The key to catching on Tuesday seemed to be keeping the bait at least 5-6 ft above bottom until they chased. Many fish hit 10-12 feet off bottom. A couple groups with us still fished the more traditional 1-3 feet near bottom and struggled to get fish to hit! This is the best season since 2007. We also crushed big Waldo-sauruses on Sun/Mon 9th/10th in the south pass 27' water during sunny weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Erie Monsters

Must be a lot of these monsters lurking the waters. Here is a picture of the one my wife caught on Feb. 1 near Camp Perry at 10:00 am. This fish measured a little over 32 inches and I won't have a weight on it until the taxidermist thaws it out. Bad part about this story is I had it hooked on a blue and silver Lil Cleo and fought with it to get its head to start up thru the hole and my wife went to grab it, pulled it half way out and the fish threw the hook and needless to say went back down and all I could do was watch it looked dazed as it swam away. Wasn't 2 minutes later and that same fish hit on her blue and silver Sweedish Pimple and the battle was on again. I managed to pull that fish out of the hole and again it threw the hook but didn't have near the fight as the first time around. Truly a magnificent and beautiful creature. Be safe out there next week and have fun!