Perch fishing sunday, HELP PLEASE Perch fishing sunday, HELP PLEASE Perch fishing sunday, HELP PLEASE Perch fishing sunday, HELP PLEASE
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch fishing sunday, HELP PLEASE

Headed out to do some perching sunday, anyone catching any good ones around the island's?? will post report when I get back, thanks for any help on where they are,

OSUAGer Guest

Sorry, not going to help you now, but for future reference...

Fished from about noon to 3:00 on Saturday about 100 yards west of the green buoy off of Catawba. Caught about 40 perch b/w 3 people with a few jumbos and the rest decent sized.

There were no reports anywhere with the bait shops and they just gave us a few areas to try (West of Green Is or West of Kelley's). The water was a bit choppy and we didn't feel like going all the way out there if we didn't have to so we tried the buoy. They weren't hitting hard at all and we got robbed quite a bit, but it was fun. I'll probably try there again next weekend and try to get out a little earlier.

We were the only boat around when we got out there... a few boats joined when they saw us reeling some in. I had a few uncles go out perching on Sunday and they tried A and B cans. They didn't catch a single fish at A can, and sat at B can for an hour before bringing in the first perch, but they said it was hitting fairly steady once they got started. I haven't talked to them since to see how they finished up though...

Cloud9 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OSUAGer View Post
    Sorry, not going to help you now, but for future reference...

Fished from about noon to 3:00 on Saturday about 100 yards west of the green buoy off of Catawba. Caught about 40 perch b/w 3 people with a few jumbos and the rest decent sized.

There were no reports anywhere with the bait shops and they just gave us a few areas to try (West of Green Is or West of Kelley's). The water was a bit choppy and we didn't feel like going all the way out there if we didn't have to so we tried the buoy. They weren't hitting hard at all and we got robbed quite a bit, but it was fun. I'll probably try there again next weekend and try to get out a little earlier.

We were the only boat around when we got out there... a few boats joined when they saw us reeling some in. I had a few uncles go out perching on Sunday and they tried A and B cans. They didn't catch a single fish at A can, and sat at B can for an hour before bringing in the first perch, but they said it was hitting fairly steady once they got started. I haven't talked to them since to see how they finished up though...
    We tried that green can near the American Eagle shoal the weekend prior to last and had similar difficulties with the fish robbin our baits, ha. We, however, did not have the same success brining in perch...glad to hear you had luck!

Last weekend we tried several spots for perch...Gual Shoal, Ballast Island, and West of Kelley's. Fish were on again, and off again. Brought in a total of 25 for the boat, but fish seemed spotty for the area from the reports on channel 68. With the beautiful weather, it was still a great day.

Hopefully better results next time out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

thanks for the info, we ran around and did poorly, caught a few eyes though se of kelly and a hand full of perch, thanks again