Catawba State Park Catawba State Park Catawba State Park Catawba State Park
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Catawba State Park

Ok, so anybody that was at CSP today could maybe help answer my question. What time is the parking lot filling up? Hope to come up tomorrow morning but wanna beat the crowds, so an idea of what time we need to be there would be great. Thanks

That lot was full by 7am this morning..... I am sure they were there by 6

Talking Catawba fish

This might get u there a little FASTER...got these out there on sat

nice catch Russ! So what i want to know, where is the honey hole at? Me and and a buddy plan on going up Tuesday before the storm. We're walkers and are not interested in walkin out 2 or 3 miles like we did the other day. Im still sore. lol I know darn well theres gotta be schools of fish somewhere close to catawba, just not sure which way to go? Thanks

Ditto on that... is it worth going if you only walk a mile? I'm up for pitchin in on gas but can't always count on finding someone with room for ya...
    Last edited by slapjaw; 02-05-2014 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RUSS View Post
    This might get u there a little FASTER...got these out there on sat
    Mel Gibson caught 2 nice eyes? Cool.

hahaha I get it! lmao

Default Catawba Today

2 guys fell through early this morning at Miller's. State park was awfully slushy heading out. Not so bad coming back in.

Default Last weekend's fish off of Catawba....

Friday - Went out from Catawba state park at about 7:00 am.. My buddy and I went west about 2.5 miles out to where we thought the fish might be. We drilled some holes, ice was 14 inches thick (24 FOW), and setup using Swedish pimples (silver w/red) with minnows. 5 minutes later we both had fish on, and landed both fish. They must have been brothers because they both weighed in at 9# 10 oz. each !!!! The fishing was on !!!! we continued catching fish, and limited (6 fish each) at 2:30 pm. We would have finished earlier but I lost 4 nice ones at the hole, and my buddy lost 3 at the hole.. My last fish of the day weighed in at 10# 10oz.. what a whopper !!!!!

Saturday morning (being better prepared)we were back on the lake at 6:30 racing back to the same holes - GPS took us right to the same holes we setup quickly, and started hooking them right away. We landed 3 – 8# with 8 fish between 4-6 pounds, smallest one was 17 inches, 3 pounds.. We had limited again (12 fish) by 9:45 am !!
    Sunday we were back out there again !!.. This time the lake had about 3-4 inches of slush/water on the surface, which made for a very sloppy ride out. GPS took us back to the same holes again !! This time was a little slower.. My buddy hooked 3, only landed 1 (7#).. the fish had apparently move another half mile west from where we were (according to other fisherman).. I never even got a bite.

A PERFECT weekend !! lol

Quote Originally Posted by WormWiggler I View Post
    Friday - Went out from Catawba state park at about 7:00 am.. My buddy and I went west about 2.5 miles out to where we thought the fish might be. We drilled some holes, ice was 14 inches thick (24 FOW), and setup using Swedish pimples (silver w/red) with minnows. 5 minutes later we both had fish on, and landed both fish. They must have been brothers because they both weighed in at 9# 10 oz. each !!!! The fishing was on !!!! we continued catching fish, and limited (6 fish each) at 2:30 pm. We would have finished earlier but I lost 4 nice ones at the hole, and my buddy lost 3 at the hole.. My last fish of the day weighed in at 10# 10oz.. what a whopper !!!!!

Saturday morning (being better prepared)we were back on the lake at 6:30 racing back to the same holes - GPS took us right to the same holes we setup quickly, and started hooking them right away. We landed 3 – 8# with 8 fish between 4-6 pounds, smallest one was 17 inches, 3 pounds.. We had limited again (12 fish) by 9:45 am !!
    Sunday we were back out there again !!.. This time the lake had about 3-4 inches of slush/water on the surface, which made for a very sloppy ride out. GPS took us back to the same holes again !! This time was a little slower.. My buddy hooked 3, only landed 1 (7#).. the fish had apparently move another half mile west from where we were (according to other fisherman).. I never even got a bite.

A PERFECT weekend !! lol
    Great report! Nice job and very nice fish...
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters