Thursday Evening 7/24 Thursday Evening 7/24 Thursday Evening 7/24 Thursday Evening 7/24
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Whit's Whaler Guest

Default Thursday Evening 7/24

Date Fished: 7/24
    Time: 5 to 9:30PM
    Method: Trolling Dipsies (0) (set #3, 50 - 55 back) and boards and in line 1 - 3 oz weights (1oz back 75, 3 oz back 40)
    Speed: 1.8 to 2.2 MPH (GPS)
    Spoons: Stinger and Stinger Scorpion Mass confusion and Shrimp
    Catch: 22 walleye (12 keepers, 4 over 6 lbs)

Took the kids out for the evening. They wanted to try to catch a few perch. After two hours of catching sheep, decided it was time to troll. Moved NE of West Sister and trolled North. From 7 to 9:30 PM caught 22 walleye. Almost half were small but four of them were over 6 lbs. Dipsies caught most of the fish (only 4 on the in line boards and weights). 75% of the fish came on the Mass Confusion pattern. All 4 6 pounders came on Large Confusion Stinger. Nice night with the kids, they caught a few nice walleye and got to see a beautiful sunset.

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding haul Keith-You must have had a fish on every 5 minutes or so including silver bass and sheep. I bet those kids didn't want to come in. What a treat for them. I sure do love to fish those last couple of hours of daylight. It's my absolute favorite.

Whit's Whaler Guest

Smile Priceless......

It was a great time. Several doubles with the kids both realing in fish, me driving the boat, and trying to net at the same time. I was glad the big fish all came by themselves, a couple of times it got a little crazy (but crazy is good). Interestingly, no sheep (actually there was only one and it hit the "in line" line as I was droping it back, before I ever had a chance to hook on the board) trolling and only a handful of white bass. We probably could have caught more, if I could have swung back through again, but once it got dark, my daughter really wanted to head for the dock.

You're right that last hour or so is awesome. I was just in the right place at the right time.

Keith

Good Luck this weekend. I pulled my boat east and am going to try and get out if I can closer to home for the next week or so, we'll see how it goes, I'll let you know. But I can't stop thinking about WHEATLEY, I check the Wheatley Fishing Report every day. I'll talk to you when you get back.