Ice fishing 2/1/14 Ice fishing 2/1/14 Ice fishing 2/1/14 Ice fishing 2/1/14
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice fishing 2/1/14

Hello all,

I plan to take my father out ice fishing this weekend Feb. 1, we have nice shanty that sits on a trailer so we can pull it out on the ice. Our home base is Lakeside so we want to stay in the area, between (Catawba and the Marblehead light house). Does anyone have any suggestions where to go for either walleye or perch? We don’t really want to take the car out on the ice somewhat close to the peninsula. Maybe a 1 mile 1.5 max. Let me know what you guys think!

Fish on,
    Chris
    Last edited by getpotts; 01-29-2014 at 04:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default No suggestions?

Almost 500 views and not one person has a suggestions on were to fish this weekend? come on guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crane, or east harbor

You could go off crane creek for walleyes or easy harbor for Gills and crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Correction

East harbor

Post Thanks / Like

didnt wanna really have to go as far as crane creek.... does anyone know where John G cought that "state record" walleye it looks to be closer to Port Clinton, but he was on a 4X4 so im not sure if i would walk out there or not?

Post Thanks / Like

Default catawba

Quote Originally Posted by getpotts View Post
    didnt wanna really have to go as far as crane creek.... does anyone know where John G cought that "state record" walleye it looks to be closer to Port Clinton, but he was on a 4X4 so im not sure if i would walk out there or not?
    It was taken off of catawba about two miles out. NOT a state record. You can catch fish anywhere once you get out about 3/4 mile off catawba. More have been caught 1.5 to 2 out.