Out of State ATV Uses in Ohio Out of State ATV Uses in Ohio Out of State ATV Uses in Ohio Out of State ATV Uses in Ohio

Default Out of State ATV Uses in Ohio

Here is the law, but i cant find the place to get the permit. Will post attached when i do.

4519.09. Every owner or operator of a snowmobile, off- highway motorcycle, or allpurpose
    vehicle who is not a resident of this state and who expects to use the snowmobile,
    off- highway motorcycle, or all-purpose vehicle in Ohio, shall apply to the registrar of motor
    vehicles or a deputy registrar for a temporary operating permit. The temporary operating
    permit shall be issued for a period not to exceed fifteen days from the date of issuance, shall
    be in such form as the registrar determines, shall include the name and address of the owner
    and operator of the snowmobile, off- highway motorcycle, or all-purpose vehicle, and any
    other information as the registrar considers necessary, and shall be issued upon payment of a
    fee of five dollars. Every owner or operator receiving a temporary operating permit shall
    display it upon the reasonable request of any law enforcement officer or other person as
    authorized by sections 4519.42 and 4519.43 of the Revised Code.

UP Date....Got this off the Ohio Forest Somthing...

I’m not from Ohio; can I still ride there? If your state requires you to register your APV and you have it registered in that state, you may ride. If your state doesn’t require you to register your machine, you must obtain a temporary operating permit (good for one year) from the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles. West Virginia does not have a similar registration law as Ohio, so residents of that state must obtain a temporary operating permit.

So like Indiana if you bring you APV/ATV to ohio and ride it on Lake Erie and is registered in Indiana you are good to go.
    Last edited by stanton21; 01-26-2014 at 04:37 PM.

Default Michigan ORV Permit

I live in Temperance, MI. Located 2 miles north of Toledo. I launch at Catawba, Camp Perry, Crane Creek all the time. I have a current permit attached to my ATV. Have talked with DNR at multiple locales and never had a problem. Just be up to date with tags

Just trying to answer the age old question..As long you are currenty in your home state all is good..

All my friends that come down from Mi only have a mi orv tag on their atv and we been cked half a dozen times over the years and have never been hasseled.

Last time we were checked out 3 miles in front of crane creek the DNR pulled up riding double , the guy was sitting on the back rack facing backwards, and neither was wearing a helmet ???? Go figure....
    Last edited by Firetiger; 01-26-2014 at 07:38 PM.

what we were told in ohio is that as long as you have tag for your state like mi where i live you are good to go just like boat numbers we have been checked on quads and sleds and never had a problem