Name my boat Name my boat Name my boat Name my boat
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Name my boat

Default Name my boat

Okay, so here is the deal. I bought this boat a couple years ago now and I still haven't named it... I know that people say that you never change the name, but I don't like the fact that "I" didn't name it.

I have told myself the last 2 years that I was going to change the name before I put her in the water for the season, and I haven't done it. I would love some help, suggestions, ideas....

It is a 30' Sportcraft GLS (photos attached I hope)

It was owned by a private charter who had 2 boats... Thus currently it is names "Four Aces II" Part of my problem is that I really don't like the "II"

He themed the boats really well with a mural of 4 playing cards (all Aces) on the front that says "Hard to Beat" But, it is time to make her "mine" and name it this Spring.

Please give me some input. Thanks!

-Matt

Five Aces would be really hard to beat....

"Barrel". Because it's as easy as shooting fish in a barrel, on the barrel.
    Last edited by maverick17; 01-27-2014 at 05:33 PM.

Default names

chum stain, dirty oar, eyes on, anchor management, reel deal, reel or deal, erie eyes, erie drifter (caster,troller), lol just cruising around and thought i would put my 2 cents in here because they just started popping in my head. i named mine the reef beater because i fish the reefs all year with great success so it fits. Good luck with the new name.

If it's the II you don't like.... get rid of the II.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Default Ceremony for Renaming Your Boat

I don't have any suggestions for a name ,but I'm up for the ceremony I'll even BYOB
    A few years ago we did this to a friends boat,It was a lot of fun and a good reason to tip a few. It must of worked as he hasn't had any bad luck,

http://boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/rename.htm
    Captain Don M.
    B.G./Marblehead

Default Reply to naming boat

Quote Originally Posted by Madd Matt View Post
    Okay, so here is the deal. I bought this boat a couple years ago now and I still haven't named it... I know that people say that you never change the name, but I don't like the fact that "I" didn't name it.

I have told myself the last 2 years that I was going to change the name before I put her in the water for the season, and I haven't done it. I would love some help, suggestions, ideas....

It is a 30' Sportcraft GLS (photos attached I hope)

It was owned by a private charter who had 2 boats... Thus currently it is names "Four Aces II" Part of my problem is that I really don't like the "II"

He themed the boats really well with a mural of 4 playing cards (all Aces) on the front that says "Hard to Beat" But, it is time to make her "mine" and name it this Spring.

Please give me some input. Thanks!

-Matt
    Matt,
    naming a boat the RIGHT NAME is tough. I like your thought of getting other inputs. I've had four boats on Erie through the years, all but the last one got named. First three were I II III of same name. Never could come up with naming the fourth "IV" - just called it "JUNK" ! ha.
    Perhaps playing off the original name, you might come up with something like "Second Hand"........with five cards showing a Royal Flush? (beats four aces)
    Or something like "Five Aces".....adding another card to the mural of four aces?
    You could always go with naming it after a wife, daughter, ?? Might give some thought to what interests you........like, there are plenty of themes in Jimmy Buffet songs, Pat Dailey, and ideas from other areas such as your hobbies....hunting, ???...... could go with traditional naming after a girl/wife?
    I'm sure you'll get some good ones here.

Thanks guys! I actually kinda like the idea of adding a fifth ace to the hand, then maybe just call her "Hard to Beat"

I've thought about Amelia Mae, that is my 6 year old daughter's name...

Then I thought about naming her "Skipper 10", Just Huntin, Just Enough, Got Ours, Eye Master, Island Eyes

I always wonder if a name that sounds good to me sounds really corny to others... Like "Eye Master" In my mind it is a play on "Thigh Master" but if you have to explain it then it doesn't work.

-Matt

Default Name of Boat

Quote Originally Posted by Madd Matt View Post
    Thanks guys! I actually kinda like the idea of adding a fifth ace to the hand, then maybe just call her "Hard to Beat"

I've thought about Amelia Mae, that is my 6 year old daughter's name...

Then I thought about naming her "Skipper 10", Just Huntin, Just Enough, Got Ours, Eye Master, Island Eyes

I always wonder if a name that sounds good to me sounds really corny to others... Like "Eye Master" In my mind it is a play on "Thigh Master" but if you have to explain it then it doesn't work.

-Matt
    Matt- You have a tough decision. I named my 1st Lake Erie boat after my daughter Lindsay. Looked great and everyone liked it. Problem will be if and when you get another boat, she will expect her name on the next one with a II after it. I named my 2nd boat Eye Tamer and to this day she still harasses me 10 years later. Just a problem I ran into. I like Eye Master or Eye Buster also. Attached a picture of each way I went. Good luck. Not an easy decision.
    Last edited by EYE TAMER; 01-26-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Jacks are Wild. Change Ace to Jack. My bertram is called Bad Math

Wanted to name last boat Duff miver but wife vetoed that. Oh if I was single lol