Can you Ride Snowmobiles from............................... Can you Ride Snowmobiles from............................... Can you Ride Snowmobiles from............................... Can you Ride Snowmobiles from...............................
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Ok I have heard or read alot of talk but nothing of any use. Is the lake fishable right now and where at. I have a few days off this week and would love to come up to fish. Three hour drive so I need good info. Thanks it's getting my blood churning thinking I might gets some ice fishing in.

yeah, nobody seems to know the answer to the million dollar question. Is there people fishing off catawba and about how much ice? I wont go unless theres a good 5 or 6 inches.

don't know about Catawba!! but they are fishing Saginaw bay out of Linwood

Finally, I can post! A week ago Sunday ice was around Catawba and area but with that warm weather and heavy rain it was all broke up and moving. We had no real cold weather until this last blast so no one I have heard has been scouting. Western basin looks ice covered and 35 mph winds didn't blow it out, I imagine guys will start poking around. I would not even think of blindly trying to make trip from Catawba to islands yet. Let those more experienced and with the time check things out, and then wait until you get several good, consistent reports. Good fishing won't start until late Jan....to early Feb...anyway, as a rule. Be safe

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    don't know about Catawba!! but they are fishing Saginaw bay out of Linwood
    These are 2 completely different areas!!!!
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Quote Originally Posted by hot-n-tot501 View Post
    yeah, nobody seems to know the answer to the million dollar question. Is there people fishing off catawba and about how much ice? I wont go unless theres a good 5 or 6 inches.
    No ****! LOL

Talking

Saginaw Bay! Ha! Dinker Doinker Plinker Ploinker Walleyes. 20" fish wins pot. Went to shoot out last year. Guys with 5 eyes? Sure! One hanging from each finger & the most dangerous, unstable ice I've ever been on. No Thanks Saginaw. Rather go blue gill fishing. Those fellas up there are crazy

Quote Originally Posted by jiginitis69 View Post
    Saginaw Bay! Ha! Dinker Doinker Plinker Ploinker Walleyes. 20" fish wins pot. Went to shoot out last year. Guys with 5 eyes? Sure! One hanging from each finger & the most dangerous, unstable ice I've ever been on. No Thanks Saginaw. Rather go blue gill fishing. Those fellas up there are crazy
    Last year it was crazy to be out there period. Ice never got good on sag bay, just as it did not get good on Erie. Guys still went out, and seemed like somebody got wet about every day. Sounds like ice is good up there this year, and on river too. As for fish....they get a lot of small ones......but might catch 30-40-50 in a day. Fishing might be better than "wishing"! Lol

I'll be fishing tomorrow am off Carawba. Wishing I get a bite & praying I hook it. Lol. Ice is good till ya get to pack ice. Gets suspect there & that's almost to Green Island. Turned around & went back and slated them. Woo Hoo. Biggest 9 lb 29". A lot of 3 lb. couple 5 lb

My friend Jake was the 3rd one to make it across this season!