Ice reports Ice reports Ice reports Ice reports

Thread: Ice reports

Default Ice reports

Looks like this is the year to get a few weeks on the ice.Temps are perfect, Any reports out of turtle creek, crane creek, wild wings. Is there any ice on the western basin. Looking for a road trip. Hate to ask but I am 3 hours away.

Default Ice

Keep your eye on Modis satillite pics. I live in Toledo and we have a group getting organized for Saturday & Sunday January 11 & 12. We will launch out of Catawba SP. Crane Creek ice takes the longest due to current 2.5 miles offshore. If ya want the reefs going out of Camp Perry using PT Clinton bay is the best bet. Problem there is they have not unlocked beach gate since the infamous 2011 flow. The Northeast corner of banquet facility is where folks launch, but we'll need to pack snow on boulders to make it possible. Historically the south passage (between S Bass & Catawba Pennisula) is the first action with fish moving west as January comes to an end. Good Luck & Good Fushing.

Hey thanks for the reply, Never went out of any of those places before.
    So there are people venturing out on the ice? Will just have to hall the gear and show up after the cold snap we are going to get.

Thanks

Yup. We have 16 going so far, but are going. The weather for Friday, Saturday, & Sunday says leave shanty home. Run&Gun will be our tactic. The more the merrier. Safety in numbers. I will let ya know exacts as we get closer to departure date. Lets get some eyes. I am bringing skillet, bread, veg oil, & Andy's breaking for lunch. Fun times. Here we go

Please keep me posted with a PM or such.ready to go. Will follow..