Ice fishing guide warning !!! Ice fishing guide warning !!! Ice fishing guide warning !!! Ice fishing guide warning !!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ice fishing guide warning !!!

Anyone planning on using Capt. Jeff Jump of Buckeye fishing charters out of Put in Bay be forwarned that he has been taking deposits for the past 2 years and has not refunded the clients that he has not been able to get on the ice .

He was on the pro staff at Icefishingohio.com but has been removed due to that . He was also a poster on iceshanty.com but has been banned from there as well .
    Just wanted to give people a heads up about him and his business.

Stay Safe

Dale

Default ???

What is it about some people that they would do this? Makes you wonder what is going on in their life that would bring them to being a dishonest cheat when they were apparently trustworthy at one time.

Thanks for the information!

With any weather luck ya won't be needing a guide. Follow the established trail to the fishing grounds. Just bring transportation. It can be a walk and a half

Default Jeff

Heard a couple years ago he had clients out and walked off and told em they were on their own, they got ahold of another guide on PIB and he fixed em up, bad baby !!

He is using facebook to advertise now. FYI

Do you personally know any of the people who had their deposits kept? Been fishing with him for years and have never had a bad experience. Just don't want someone to be bashed on hearsay.

Default Yes

He owes 4 friends money since the 2011 season still . Jeff Jump is a scammer in a half ..

Does anyone have any other Ice Guide/Charter recommendations? I did check out Jim at Buckeye Charters, he seems to have happy customers on facebook. I have never Ice Fished and thought it would be best to pay a pro to teach me first.

Google lake Erie ice fishing guides. A bunch will pop up. I have never used them but have heard good things on john hagerman and db charters. Hope this helps. Be safe

Default pib

Quote Originally Posted by half pole View Post
    Google lake Erie ice fishing guides. A bunch will pop up. I have never used them but have heard good things on john hagerman and db charters. Hope this helps. Be safe
    John hageman (prime time charters) was reputable, knowledgeable guide.......but he has retired not sure who if anyone has taken over his buisiness.