Lake Erie Ice Lake Erie Ice Lake Erie Ice Lake Erie Ice

Thread: Lake Erie Ice

Default Lake Erie Ice

So how many of you remember the last time lake Erie froze over completely? It was I believe in the 2002-2003 winter . Remember the 2003 hatch? I grew up ice fishing on lake Erie in the 70's and 80's , we started fishing off Anchor Point during the holidays many years driving out to the intake , remember the Walleye population ? This year with the cold and ice forming already I am hoping for a complete freeze over and a great hatch!
    I am heading for Lake Simcoe in January and February for large Perch and hoping to fish Erie in-between!

Ill be right behind you to Simcoe. The last 2 years have been amazing on Jumbos there!!! Im heading up the last week in Jan... My fingers are crossed on Erie Ice

Simcoe used to be one of my favorites. I haven't been up there in 6, 7 years or so. Where do you guys fish out of?

Greg

We Go to Port Bolster ,Perfferlaw or Cooks Bay depending on where the best fishing is at the time we go there are many places to stay in all of those areas and they love the American $ treat us very well ... there is a great message board similar to Walleye .com you can Google it . Lake Simcoe ice fishing and it will be one of top three sites to come up. We are going the holiday weekends in January and February