Winterizing Winterizing Winterizing Winterizing
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Winterizing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Winterizing

I'll start off first by saying happy thanksgiving. I have a little problem I took the boat to the shop to get worked on and it took longer than expected. The gentleman working on the boat is not a mechanic and doesn't winterize boats. I can not find anyone in my area who is not already done for the year. I am up by wild wings. If any one knows a marina or someone that isn't closed for the season that I could take my boat to to get winterized would be GREATLY appreciated. The boat is a 252 sportcraft and should be done by next weekend. Thanks to anyone for their help.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Winterizing

Try Dubbert's Outdrive Services. They are located at 2344 E. Harbor Rd. about a mile east of Port Clinton. Phone number is 419-732-1777. Good luck and Happy Holidays!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it is not to late already!
    If you have access to a water hose get a set of muffs and run the engine with the tap water until it is at operating temp, that way the thermostat is open! Attach another short pc. of hose to the muffs after removing the tap water hose from the muffs and use a funnel in the open end of the short pc and pour the pink antifreeze in the funnel while idling your engine the water pump will pick up the antifreeze and pump it thru the engine! I use 5 gallon and that should be enough to get the job done. The anti freeze will come out the exhaust ports at the bell housing and thru the prop.

You could try Dubberts Professional Outdrive on the east side of Port Clinton as they are open all winter. Here is there number 419-732-1777.

I don't relish the thought of bringing you morbid thoughts but You are in a pickle as the weather is against you. You could also take off the thermostat housing and pour antifreeze into the engine that way but you need to get it done as soon as possible. What ever way you decide to do it get it done as soon as possible. If your boat is stored outside You may already have suffered extensive freeze damage to your power train unless the block has been drained. Best of luck Wakina.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There is a small storage place about 200 yards west of butch & denny's Chris the mech. there winterizes boats there. Has done mine for the past 4 yrs. Even check's the outdrive for water in the oil Tell'em Mark sent you.
    Good Luck and Happy Holiday to All

Post Thanks / Like

Mikes dockside service near Marblehead can take care of you

Post Thanks / Like

Take Wakinas advice my friend, you are looking at disaster if that block freezes! Not worth the risk. Maybe you can at least find the drain plugs on each side of the block and drain the water from it. I'm not sure where they are on your boat but you should be able to find out on the web. My engine has 5 different drain plugs that can be removed by hand and only takes a few minutes to do.

Best of luck to you and don't delay!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you

I want to thank you guys for your input, I have a little weight of my chest now I got ahold of dubberts and they will be taking care of my boat this winter. The boat is in a heated shop so I have no worrys. A lesson learned for the future lol. Thanks again.