Need Some Help about Huron Need Some Help about Huron Need Some Help about Huron Need Some Help about Huron
  1. Default Need Some Help about Huron

I would like to make a fall trip out to Erie either Huron or the WW area.
    I have been checking the weather and it don't look to bad Monday thur Thursday. But are the eyes biting? I heard that Huron was doing good but have not seen to many post,can someone help me out? I have a 4 hour drive and would like to make the right chioce.
    Thanks for any help and tips.
    FL

With the weather (wind), I don't think too many have been fishing and I would attribute that to lack of reports. Two weeks ago, the entire bowl had pods of active walleyes. I have been told that there are eyes within several miles of the Huron River. I would think that the water would be like a chocolate milkshake, though. Every time recently that I have looked at weather bouy, it has been rolling. Saturday, the last I looked, they were calling for 38 mph winds. To me, it just doesn't look real good. After next Wednesday, the temps are supposed to plummet. That's my 2 cents. I wish it was different, I would have loved to move the boat down to the Huron River and stayed there for the first several weeks of November, but she's coming home Saturday.

Greg

I went out Saturday am and Tuesday night fishing and the water was surprising good up close. With a flashlight I was able to see the bottom of my 28 inch trolling bags. Saturday caught 3 in 2 hours in 6-8 fow and Tuesday caught 1 in an hour of fishing in 12 fow all west of the Huron pier. Even with the heavy winds it has been real calm close to shore due to being S or SW. Fish were caught on hj-14 and rip sticks 10-20 back at 1.3-1.8 mph. Hope this helps.

4. Default Help

Thanks to both of you, we are going to hold off and wait for some clear water and mild winds. If that happens?????? Other wise I'll be out that 3rd week in April for a few weeks lookin for the jig bite.
    FL

Default Sunday

Water clearity is good, deep water not strirred up from Saturdays wind. Huron dumping grounds holding fish and the later it gets in the fall the closer to shore they get.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Yeah, I heard the same as Greg, the water wasn't too bad and the fish were still biting after the blow. Huron to Cedar Pt

Greg