Wed 9th West Sister & Algae Report Wed 9th West Sister & Algae Report Wed 9th West Sister & Algae Report Wed 9th West Sister & Algae Report

Default Wed 9th West Sister & Algae Report

Started NW of West Sister about 9:30. Nice size but no quantity. 7 fish in an hour. Moved out further and to maybe 3 mile NE W. Sister. Beautiful clean water there. Exchanged size for better quantity (not much) but smaller fish. Not good. Quit at 4:00 with only 40 fish for 3 guys. Didn't weigh...kept 8" and up.

The predicted "light and variable winds and 1-2 footers were actually 2-3 most of day, and around 3 the east wind kicked up wicked. When we quit at 4 it was starting to roll some 3-4 footers and from the island in was one angry frothing sea of whitecaps! Wouldn't have headed out in anything that bad!

Algae report - terrible! You have to run clear to West Sister to find any clean water. Everything inside is stained an Army green - mix of stirred up sediment and heavy algae - and mostly unfishable. On way out, when we ran out of the algae , I actually felt my boat surge! Had heard that but didn't believe it till I experienced it!

Very few boats - a dozen north of the island in the morning - by noon you could count number left on one hand. Did not hear any good reports on radio. Beautiful blue sky and great company, so guess it still beat working....

Smile message

check your message

Cool Perchin

To be honest I have had better perchin in dirty water. Went out of wards canal in between the intake 15 ft. Of water caught 40 in two hrs. No huge ones but good size on Tuesday steady action when the wind shifted they were on fire and died about 30 minutes after. 11 lbs at the cleaners.