Mon 9-30 West Sister Mon 9-30 West Sister Mon 9-30 West Sister Mon 9-30 West Sister
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mon 9-30 West Sister

Mon morning two of us dropped anchor mile N of W Sister, 27 feet water. First pole in a 12 and 3/4 perch. Second pole in, 9+ incher. Its on we thought! An hour or so and a handful of keepers later, we thought not! Moved north to 29 feet of water and a few other boats. More slow pick and lots of sorting! A big spurt at noon. Its on we thought! Well it was for about 15 minutes. More slow pick and lots more sorting. By about 2 we had 30 keepers between 2 of us. By 4 PM we still had same 30, and hot flat lake. Made one more move east, to 31 feet of water, about 3 miles NE of west sister. Same deal. Nothing. At 4:30 I tidied up boat, stowed my pole and was climbing up front to pull anchor and head for dock. Got one John hollered. Drop it back in I told him. Got a double John hollered. Well, before I could re-rig and get my pole back in, John had his fourth. In the next hour and a half, we caught our needed 30 and filled our second ticket. Decent grade of fish - 17 lbs at cleaners for 2 tix. Beautiful balmy evening out there, great way to finish day.

Post Thanks / Like

Think I am going to fish around that area Wednesday. I have 2 way points saved in that area that we caught Nice perch but when we went back the next day they were not there. Some bigger perch out there if you can find them and get them to bite. I am going to try the 2 spots I have saved if they are not there or wont bite I will be on the hunt like the last time I went. We had 60 perch that weighed 20 lbs. at the cleaners last trip. But it took us awhile to find them.

Post Thanks / Like

Perch move about 1 mile a day you would need to move about 8 times to be on top of them again!
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Default nice fish

we got our 240 perch 74 pounds at cleaners turn around buoy spreaders and crappy rigs shinners light bite dead on the bottom then slow lift average 8-10 inches

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rscotfish View Post
    we got our 240 perch 74 pounds at cleaners turn around buoy spreaders and crappy rigs shinners light bite dead on the bottom then slow lift average 8-10 inches
    Thanks, I will check it out if I cant find them again.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Crazy View Post
    Thanks, I will check it out if I cant find them again.
    Went to the 1st waypoint I had marked from our Saturday trip and the perch are still there. 2 of us got our limit in 4hrs. They weighed 20 Lbs. again at the cleaners. I caught one 13 incher the others were between 10 and 12 inches, Nice perch.
    We were at first all alone but when we left 15 boats were around us. We were fishing Northwest from west sister about a mile. Bad thing was we caught a lot of trash fish, so if you go out there take a lot of bait!

Just wondering if anybody from this forum was out there?
    If so how did you do?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Crazy View Post
    Went to the 1st waypoint I had marked from our Saturday trip and the perch are still there. 2 of us got our limit in 4hrs. They weighed 20 Lbs. again at the cleaners. I caught one 13 incher the others were between 10 and 12 inches, Nice perch.
    We were at first all alone but when we left 15 boats were around us. We were fishing Northwest from west sister about a mile. Bad thing was we caught a lot of trash fish, so if you go out there take a lot of bait!

Just wondering if anybody from this forum was out there?
    If so how did you do?
    Great job. Nice looking grade of fish! 13 inchers are nice but you got the best eaters! Wanted to go back today but had doc appointment and some honeydo's. Looks like should have canceled those and gone. How long? Was it morning or afternoon bite?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEfriend View Post
    Great job. Nice looking grade of fish! 13 inchers are nice but you got the best eaters! Wanted to go back today but had doc appointment and some honeydo's. Looks like should have canceled those and gone. How long? Was it morning or afternoon bite?
    We started fishing at 9am and was headed for the dock at 1pm. The bite was best 10 till 11.

Post Thanks / Like

I was 1 mile NW of West Sister yesterday and the action was steady. It took me about 3 hours to hit my limit. Most fish 7-9", biggest was 12". Caught at least 1 white perch per yellow. I'm heading back out this morning..

Post Thanks / Like

Default inside

Chum, how is the water looking in the 18 to 20 FOW . Grass/Mud? Thanks, Jon