Found the Jumbos but..... Found the Jumbos but..... Found the Jumbos but..... Found the Jumbos but.....

Default Found the Jumbos but.....

I've been getting kinda bored with the whole western basin thing.The dumping grounds were great fun while it lasted but its over there so I decided to pull my boat up to Ashtabula and put in at Lake Shore Park.Best day perching all year and I only had to run 2 miles off shore to fill a 4 man ticket with more Jumbos than I have ever caught.The only thing that I didn't like was the shallow depth where we put in but I was able to launch and recover my 30 ft. Rinker with no damage.Fising was incredible and I am done with Rattlesnake ect. this year.Next Saturday I will be right back at the same place pulling in the Jumbos.

Nice box there Scuba...thinkin I might have to do the same with all the 7&8 inchers being caught out by the islands

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    I've been getting kinda bored with the whole western basin thing.The dumping grounds were great fun while it lasted but its over there so I decided to pull my boat up to Ashtabula and put in at Lake Shore Park.Best day perching all year and I only had to run 2 miles off shore to fill a 4 man ticket with more Jumbos than I have ever caught.The only thing that I didn't like was the shallow depth where we put in but I was able to launch and recover my 30 ft. Rinker with no damage.Fising was incredible and I am done with Rattlesnake ect. this year.Next Saturday I will be right back at the same place pulling in the Jumbos.

that awesome !!! how many ramps are there ? any bait shops close ? We are heading to conny tomm. maybe I should persuade the guys to stop short in bula. looking at you catch.

The picture of the fish box only has 2 tickets in it.It was really impressive after we finished the day with 4 tickets.Lake Shore park has a bait store at the launching ramp.I got the boat ready and didn't go inside so I can't tell you much about what they have.We took out 12 dozen golden shiner minnows and they really held up well.We caught 3-4 perch on a single minnow. There are 3-4 launching ramps but the water is really shallow,think 1.5-2 ft. in some places.I have a Rinker 282 and we got it loaded without any problems.The best thing aside from the Jumbo Perch is the fact that you only have to run 2 miles offshore to find the perch.We fished in 60 ft. of water and unlike the warm perch we catch in 30 ft. off Rattlesnake the perch we pulled up from 60 ft. were cold to the touch.When we cleaned the perch everyone went home with a one gallon freezer bag stuffed full of fillets.

Can you help me on where to go out of Astabula ? I just got approval from the Doc to go out on the boat after 2-1/2 years of no fishing due to three burst vertebrae. Took my grandson and wife out NW of West sister yesterdy and got 35 perch for our effort.( only 8 lbs @ cleaners) Still, it was great to get out again ! The wife said she'll go again next week before putting the boat up for the winter. It will be a longer drive from Dayton, but sounds like it will be worth it !