9/28 Perch - Bad day 9/28 Perch - Bad day 9/28 Perch - Bad day 9/28 Perch - Bad day

Thumbs down 9/28 Perch - Bad day

Well, we tried... guess it was our turn to struggle. Fished from 10am to 3pm.

Dad and I started short of Kelleys Shoal. Couple of big catfish and a one HUGE sheephead. The sheep was 21-inches and fat. Thought I was snagged for the first 10 seconds.

We moved to KI shoal then. There were 95 other boats around us (yes, I did count). No one seemed to be catching anything, including us. Caught a few whites here and there and two VERY small yellows. Moved after about an hour.

Next stop was a bump east of KI. IT WAS ON! (If we were looking for white perch and sheephead, that is). Must have caught 40 white perch there and kept waiting for the yellows to turn up, but nothing doing.

We stopped around a few other areas around KI-east. We just couldn't find them

From others reports, it looks like I should have been west of the islands, but the MODIS image scared me away.
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Had a slow day my self 4 guys 60 perch today 14 pounds at cleaners lots of small ones we fished north of north bass and then fished nw of rattle to finish up the day we did get a few fish that we're 11 inch range

Bad day here too fished around turtle island with no luck went out to the light house with no luck even tried the dumping grounds south of monroe got a few whites and a sheephead HUGE ONE gave up and cae in going to give it a few days and try in the middle of the week will let ya all know what happends hope ya all had better luck then us