Walleye around the islands? Walleye around the islands? Walleye around the islands? Walleye around the islands?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

South east of kellys to vermillion all through the huron bowl typically is the staging area for walleyes in the fall... those of you that asked I can not give exact numbers because of the tournament next weekend... I just gave you the info you need.... find the fish and get them caught... 70 to 120 back with a 2oz weight with a reef runner.. 1.9 mph... target 35 to 42 fow....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Huron Tournament???

I thinks its so funny guys quit giving reports because of a local tourney . The big fish have yet to move into the usual fall spots . The Huron tourney will be won by someone running 25-30 miles to the east to catch the right fish.

There have been fish caught in the bowl area of Huron all summer but are not the size of fish that will win this thing . If the weather is nice it will take 45lbs plus to win . Those size fish are no where near the Vermillion -Huron area right now . Look at the reports from out east in the Ashtabula area and the majority of the big fish are still that far away .. Good Luck to those think the right fish are in the area of the tourney , you will need it .

Dale

Post Thanks / Like

I Trolled From 47Fow To 17 Fow Today, Huron To Vermillion And Everywhere In Between. Not Only Did We Not Catch A Single Fish, We Trolled For 8 Hours Without Hardly Even Marking Fish. Most Disappointing Trip To The Lake I Have Ever Had.

Post Thanks / Like

I Am Going To Try To Get Up There One More Time I Think.Do You Guys Use Husky Jerks At All In The Fall? How Close To Shore? I Have Been Hearing All The Good Reports From Ashtabula But Unfortunately I Dont Have The Gear To Troll In The Deeper Water.I Hate To End The Year With A Skunk.

Post Thanks / Like

Come on guys.... there are big fish here.... they are not here in huge numbers.... but limits are being caught.... stay more north east of huron or north west of vermillion. .. I not in tournamemt I did not find these fish so I can not give them away till after the tournament... sorry rules of a network. .. mark fish them try and catch them... I caught three 10 pounders saturday after perch fishing in about an hour they are there...... here is a picture of two of the big fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weather Bouy

The weather bouy area has been producing fish all summer long . This area holds some big fish all year long as well. the early fall bite like now , is a harness and reef runner bite . Lots of guys fish the reefrunners with 2 ounce weights in front of them to get a little more depth . As the water cools , the DHJ come to life while trolling slower .

The winning fish for the tournament will come from NE of the sand bar . Have charter friends that are fishing that area with tons of fish and many many over 28 inches . The weather bouy area is being fished as well but catching a 5 fish tourney limit of over 40lbs is tough right now . Lots of 30-35 lb bags but that wont cut it for the tournament weight in .

Dale

Post Thanks / Like

The program that worked this weekend was 120 back with a two oz with a reef runner. 80 back on a dipsey with a ring on a 3 setting with a spoon. 40 to 50 back on a 40 true trip with a spoon. The fish were all caught between the 27 north line to the 34 north line... I do most of my perch fishing north of the sand bar... last years tournament was won on the 30 north line... the huron area has always produced very well this time of year...

Post Thanks / Like

Default LAst Year

Was not a good year for the Huron- Vermillion area . My good friend Scott (Papascott) won the tournament . Fishing was very slow and Scott was running around looking for fish . He saw some gulls chasing baitfish and shut down and fished that area . He just happened to luck out and catch a couple of nice fish there that gave him the win . Years past , this tournament has been won fishing east NE of Vermillion as it will be this year .

Dale

Post Thanks / Like

Skipper I Forgot To Mention The Guy Who Came With Me Saturday Brought A Bananna. I Made Him Chuck It But It Must Have Been To Late.

Post Thanks / Like

Dale, I just got off the phone with scotty he would like you to call him. Thanks