Who owns a Sportcraft HARDTOP 252/250 Fisherman INBOARD on this site? Who owns a Sportcraft HARDTOP 252/250 Fisherman INBOARD on this site? Who owns a Sportcraft HARDTOP 252/250 Fisherman INBOARD on this site? Who owns a Sportcraft HARDTOP 252/250 Fisherman INBOARD on this site?
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default Who owns a Sportcraft HARDTOP 252/250 Fisherman INBOARD on this site?

I like the idea of getting out of the weather, having a small cabin, and it being a inboard yes I have my eye on one she has a mercruiser 305 inboard!
    This boat is BUILT to take the lake erie chop! Do I like mine YES BUT you have to pick and choose your days!
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK PEARL View Post
    I like the idea of getting out of the weather, having a small cabin, and it being a inboard yes I have my eye on one she has a mercruiser 305 inboard!
    This boat is BUILT to take the lake erie chop! Do I like mine YES BUT you have to pick and choose your days!
    i dont have a s/craft but a 25' s/ray
    a 25 footer is great for erie...what's the beam?
    is a 305 enough motor?.....dunno

I was in the same situation, I just sold my 21 ft. Center console for a bigger boat. I loved that center but absolutely am glad to have the one I just got. Having the cab let's me fish weather and waves that I could not before. I looked at a lot of sportcrafts and they don't last for sale long and people get more than there worth up here,but they hold there value but there a good boat. I liked the 252 but there isn't a lot of room in the back with the motor cowl. Good luck. If your anything like me you will have one by snow fly.

Quote Originally Posted by stubby View Post
    i dont have a s/craft but a 25' s/ray
    a 25 footer is great for erie...what's the beam?
    is a 305 enough motor?.....dunno
    8' 6" Beam

305 good fuel Economy good to troll with TOP speed? I really don't care not buying a DONZI with twin 454's LOL
    Last edited by BLACK PEARL; 09-12-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD KARMA View Post
    I was in the same situation, I just sold my 21 ft. Center console for a bigger boat. I loved that center but absolutely am glad to have the one I just got. Having the cab let's me fish weather and waves that I could not before. I looked at a lot of sportcrafts and they don't last for sale long and people get more than there worth up here,but they hold there value but there a good boat. I liked the 252 but there isn't a lot of room in the back with the motor cowl. Good luck. If your anything like me you will have one by snow fly.
    Thanks! She's a Older girl I'm lookin at BUT showroom new WITH 300 ORIGINAL HOURS!!!! or I wouldn't be doing this!
    Last edited by BLACK PEARL; 09-12-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Default 10 ft beam

Might wanna check that out. Doubt the 250 is a 10 ft beam. The 270 is however.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeerieguy View Post
    Might wanna check that out. Doubt the 250 is a 10 ft beam. The 270 is however.
    MY BAD 8foot 6 inches!
    Last edited by BLACK PEARL; 09-12-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Default heres the add

states 8.6 beam .no matter how many hours still checkout the stringers and transom as I know of 3 newer models that needed both replaced even though the boat looked brand new. The 305 in it will give you no better fuel consuption then the 350 as it will run at higher RPM then the 350 at the same speed . Nice boats for sure but will need major work in the next few years if the work has not been done yet as any Sporty owner will tell you .

Good Luck

http://toledo.craigslist.org/boa/4027778152.html

even though you say your not worried about top end. if the boat is underpowered it will never get up on top of the water and plow all the time. this not only cost a lot more to run that way in gas..... but in rougher water it will ride rougher too. I know a guy who has a 25 foot whaler with a 305 and the boat just never gets on top the water and rides like crap. also if there is an emergency at home or a storms comes up having enough power to get in is important too. I am not saying the 305 would be under powered in this boat, but it has a good chance to be. just food for thought. giving all things equal. and running the same speed lets say 20mph a boat with 330hp should run cheaper than the same boat with 260hp or 230 hp this is because you need less throttle and fewer rpm to run the same speed with the higher hp motor. now gearing and prop size and slip and all that comes into play too but a hard top is nice to stay dry when it raining and rough and when its cold it even allows for heaters to be used to help stay warm
    Last edited by branhamautomotive; 09-12-2013 at 09:13 PM. Reason: spelling

I will take out for a test run for sure the boat has been dry racked all of its life except for 1 season!