looking for new marina looking for new marina looking for new marina looking for new marina
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

They only want casting charters because they don't want to explain why you catch bigger fish and more of them... lol

It really is nice to pull right up (or back up) to your boat. I literally can back my truck up to my dock with the tailgate down and step off my truck onto the deck of my boat... no more carrying coolers or equipment down a walkway, or parking hundreds of feet away, and as far as theft goes feel free to ask anyone there and they will tell you that we all watch out for each other and everyone watches the boats closely... Okay, I'll stop telling you about Channel Grove. Did I mention that I can be from my slip to the wide open Lake in less than 6 minutes because it's the first marina in the Harbor?

Post Thanks / Like

One of these days when I get my Carolina Classic, that's where it will be.
    "ReelTime"
    Kencraft Challenger 215

Post Thanks / Like

Question Dockage Rates?

Quote Originally Posted by Madd Matt View Post
    They only want casting charters because they don't want to explain why you catch bigger fish and more of them... lol

It really is nice to pull right up (or back up) to your boat. I literally can back my truck up to my dock with the tailgate down and step off my truck onto the deck of my boat... no more carrying coolers or equipment down a walkway, or parking hundreds of feet away, and as far as theft goes feel free to ask anyone there and they will tell you that we all watch out for each other and everyone watches the boats closely... Okay, I'll stop telling you about Channel Grove. Did I mention that I can be from my slip to the wide open Lake in less than 6 minutes because it's the first marina in the Harbor?

Mad Matt what is the rate for dockage at Channel Grove?

I have a 28.5 ft. 4winns and been thinking about moving next year as well. I am currently at Fenwicks and been thinking about moving a little east. Nothing wrong with the marina, its great in the spring but this time of the year you have to go so far to get big fish. I am not into long boat rides this looks like a better location to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Crazy View Post
    Mad Matt what is the rate for dockage at Channel Grove?

I have a 28.5 ft. 4winns and been thinking about moving next year as well. I am currently at Fenwicks and been thinking about moving a little east. Nothing wrong with the marina, its great in the spring but this time of the year you have to go so far to get big fish. I am not into long boat rides this looks like a better location to me.
    I have a 30' Sportcraft and I get a slip with electric... I think it is in the ballpark of $1,000 for the season. I store inside there over the Winter, and I call in the Spring and have them de-Winterize the boat, charge the batteries, and crane the boat into the water, so my bill has more on it, but a slip with electric is right around $1,000.

There are other marina's for far less, but you can't beat the short distance to the Lake, and the drive-up to your boat access. Plus, if you get up early you can follow Skipper 9 out of the dock...

-Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Why do they like having casters as opposed to trollers? Just curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default marina

East Harbor.. fish due north to the line, go east 14 miles, or west 14 miles. Your right in the middle.
    Did Bass Haven for 3 years- but they didnt want any charter action there- but a 100% clean operation.
    Now at Channel Grove, and there are alot of us there includding EyeHunters, SpoonFeeder, a great group of verteran casters. The best is the fuel dock and 5 min access to lake.
    Hope this helps- ron
    Ron
    www.somethinfishycharters.com
    aka- Capt. Concrete

Post Thanks / Like

Smile marina

Yes we are leaning towards channel grove, fished maney a times
    aboard the eye hunter, and you are right you are in the middle
    of everything and the fish are bigger. as for the casters this has been going on since the sixties, the old captains have been
    casting all thier life and are dam good what they do, the younger captains are more set up to trolling, the fued has been going on for years, what ever your good at do it, it like the
    mich , ohio state fued who ever you root for is the best.

Post Thanks / Like

My grandfather Lowell wodrich ran out of channel grove and loved it. He always said they know how to treat people.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3labs View Post
    My grandfather Lowell wodrich ran out of channel grove and loved it. He always said they know how to treat people.
    I knew your Grandfather well and I just loved that Lyman that he owned and had refurbished to take the tired look away . That was one beautiful boat, especially the new teak deck on the bow. He was a hell of a good charter captain. I remember the outdoor beacon magazine/newspaper that he wrote for that was always full of advise and good ideas for Erie fishermen. It is nice to know that Lowell's legacy lives on.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Channel Grove, everything everybody else has said already plus one of the nicest scoops of minnows in that area of the lake. This is also a very busy marina, there always seems to be somebody around that make you feel better about leaving gear on the boats.

Only downside is that Something Fishy II Crew that keep bringing down the property value.