Need Help in Perch Fishing Western Lake Erie Basin Need Help in Perch Fishing Western Lake Erie Basin Need Help in Perch Fishing Western Lake Erie Basin Need Help in Perch Fishing Western Lake Erie Basin
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Need Help in Perch Fishing Western Lake Erie Basin

If anybody's been fishing for perch in the western basin of Lake Erie and has been catching limits, please pass on where to try. Taking my son-in-law out on Saturday for first time and would like to at least be in some good spots tried, for hopefully reeling in our limit. Been out several times in last month and only caught between 18 and 25 with two men on board. Thanks for ANY info!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dumping ground have been doing well for me the last few weeks I was out around the 34 35 line last weekend in about 40 foot of water

Post Thanks / Like

"dumping grounds" - I think their are a couple of them. I have coordinates in my gps on my depth finder for "dumping grounds", but believe this is just into Michigan waters. I seen some refer to some near Sandusky - not sure where they are at. I'll be coming into the lake from the Maumee River - don't mind traveling out, but would like to make sure to stay in Ohio waters. Thanks for info.

Post Thanks / Like

The dumping grounds would be a LOOOONG run from Maumee. The ones everyone is talking about are just north of Cedar Point - Sandusky. Over in the Maumee area, I heard and read some good reports around west sister. Some to the east and some to the west of West Sister.
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Look at OHIODUCKER2000 post. And believe everything you read especially about niagra reef. Me and my brothers fished with him this past Friday and Saturday and caught alot of fish and some really nice ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch

Left the lake Monday afternoon but for the last two weeks limited out on perch every day,maybe not all huge but nice 9 to 10 inchers with a rare 12.Go North and East of Cedar Point watch for the pack and Headboats usually I fish east of the pack a lot of marks on the Hummingbird.Good Luck.I use a single hook rig with a 12 inch leader,bead and loop like a casting harness and a 1 ounce egg sinker in 42 foot of water on a lot of the bites it just felt a little heavy on the lift.