Saturday: Got a late start. Saw the reports of walleye along the Canadian border, between Middle and the Lorain bouy. Started at Middle and went east. Tried different speeds, depths, directions, you name it. Found the a pack of trollers but didn't see anyone catching any of the fish we were marking. Threw the book at them and caught nothing. A few hours later we called it and decided to try for perch, and stopped off the airport at KI. Pulled 2 of 3 limits but daylight was fading fast so we went in. Really should have went to the dumping grounds from the sounds of the reports but didn't know if that was still going on at the time.

Sunday: Another late start. Went west, stopped south of Starve as we were marking lots of fish on the bottom. A few junk fish and dink perch later and we pulled lines and went farther west. Decided to try what we did last weekend, trolling, and went west of Green/Rattlesnake. It was a fire drill at one point, but that was it, 2 of 4 eye limits in an hour time, then they turned off when the sun came out. Went back through the waypoint at different speeds, directions and depths and couldn't find another customer. Went in at sunset. Lots of smaller fish, quite a few throwbacks. I think west of the islands is the nursury

On our way west though, we did get caught in the middle of that sailboat race. The lake was flat calm and hazy, and being surrounded by over 50 sailboats all within a few hundred yards, was awesome.

Monday: Only had a few hours to fish so we went back out west of Green. Caught 2 throwback 16-17 inchers.

Not sure if the girlfriend will let me fish 4 weekends in a row, but if so, will likely head out of Lorain or Vermillion next. I don't like to keep anything under 18".