Perch on Fire East of Dumping Grounds Perch on Fire East of Dumping Grounds Perch on Fire East of Dumping Grounds Perch on Fire East of Dumping Grounds
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch on Fire East of Dumping Grounds

Went about a mile east of dumping grounds and absolutely hammered the perch.Caught 3 doubles in a row and all the perch caught today were 9-12 inches.Once I got the boat anchored up it was game on.Hated to leave because the fish were getting bigger as the afternoon wore on{last one caught was 12 inches} but we filled our 2 man ticket and there's no sense in getting greedy.

Post Thanks / Like

yea buddy the fishing is fantastic right now out there. What gps numbers were the pack of boats at today? we were on the south side of em yesterday and we hammered em at 41 33.44, 82 34.02 i think in general the school of perch are moving south and east. Heard alot a guys sayin theyve been fishing the pack without much luck but go about a mile east kinda by themselves and killin em. idk we got em just south of the pack yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

We started off fishing with the pack and caught 10 junk fish for every yellow perch so I decided to make my own luck.Went 1- 1 1/2 miles east of dumping grounds and stared at my sonar until I marked good fish then managed to anchor up on them and then it was non-stop action.

Post Thanks / Like

I just wonder how long the fish are gonna be biting out there in that area??? I hope September is as good as August was. I mean, as long as lots of people post their successes out there, everyone should be able to follow the schools of fish around. Id like to actually know how many perch are actually below your boat when ur catchin em like crazy. Wonder if theres schools of just hundreds or maybe even thousands lol

Post Thanks / Like

So your sayin that when u made your move outa the pack u went back to the west a ways? Cause the numbers i gave for the gps coordinates was for the south edge of where the pack was at yesterday. And i heard guys a mile east of the pack did very good as well. Cause where we were at yesterday was more than a mile and a half east of the dumping grounds for sure

Post Thanks / Like

When I caught the 3 doubles in a row my rig touched the bottom,perch barely sucked in the minnow,no tap on my pole,just watched the tip and noticed it was behaving differently.Set the hook and wam 2 big perch on.I caught 6 perch in less than 3 minutes so there had to be a giant school right under the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

We went east of the pack

Post Thanks / Like

I know i dont know you, but what area are you out of? I live in Upper Sandusky and would like to come up during the week for an afternoon trip but the connections i have can only go on weekends. I wanna get out there why there hittin

Post Thanks / Like

I'm out of central ohio but I work for myself so I can play hooky if I am not to busy.Came up to the lake on Friday and today.Nice limits both days.I'll try and drop you a PM the next time I come up during the week.I put in at Catawba State Park because I also hit Rattlesnake/Green if dumping grounds shuts down

Post Thanks / Like

I am new to fishing lake Erie and do not know some of the terms and locations. Will someone tell me the location of the dumping grounds? Thank you.