Fri/Sat perch report Fri/Sat perch report Fri/Sat perch report Fri/Sat perch report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Fri/Sat perch report

Fri started Fri 1 mile N of C can, more junk then yellow got a few. Went about a mile N.E. of W. Sister got them going without much sorting. Good grade of fish, skipper rigs on the bottom in 30 fow shut down around 11:30, couldn't get them going decided to go back to C can and grind it out, got the last 20 to finish are 4 man limit 28# at the cleaners
    Sat went straight to Niagara, set up about 400 yds due East of the can 29 fow started with lot of junk and then the perch showed up, and a really nice grade of fish, 1 was real close to F.O. had about a doz of 11 to 12. Skipper rigs again. Friends from down south had to leave so we called it quits at 12:00 with 10 shy of a 5 man limit. Cant tell you pounds because 1 of the bothers kept some of the white bass and the big catfish I caught.
    The 4 brothers hadn't all fished together for years, they said maybe 15 or 20 yrs. So they had 2 days on the lake It was nice to help them get that done and take home some good eats

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the trip Mark we all had a good time. Them skipper rigs defenitely kicked but. Ben

Post Thanks / Like

What is a skipper rig?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Skipper rigs

I have never heard of skipper rigs. Would you be willing to share what they are? How you tie them?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Smile skipper nine rigs

skipper 9 rigs are made by Capt. Jim the eye hunter, they are not sold on market, but you may call him and ask about them
    they are a special version of a crappie rig Wayne Reel sport team

Post Thanks / Like

I guess there is a video on how to tie them but don't know where to find it. OHIODUCKER2000 found it and learned how to tie them.

Post Thanks / Like

Send him a message on here and he will send you one for free then just tie your own. They work great.
    "ReelTime"
    Kencraft Challenger 215

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just figure out how to tie them from the pic Skipper put on this site. Dont know if I'm doing it right but ..IT SURE DOES JERK THE PERCH Thanks Skipper

Post Thanks / Like

here are some links from old topics and posts on here, just do a search and you can find more on here. good luck

http://igotfish.com/what-is-your-favorite-perch-rig

http://community.walleye.com/showthr...ght=perch+rigs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd2xrgAYJHI - video on something similar

Post Thanks / Like

I have been tying my rigs for many years very similiar to these skipper rigs. I do one variation where I put the bottom hook closer to the sinker so the minnow will be about 2" below the sinker. For some reason when the bite is slow that minnow bouncing on and off of the bottom seems to entice the perch to hit it. Many times I have caught 80% of the perch on that one low hook.

My suggestion to anyone that cares is to make the snell length of the hooks coming off of the main line shorter. I've tried so many different variations but found the best is a snell length about 3". I don't know why but I catch way more doubles & even trips when the snell length is 3". Keeping the length this short also keeps the hook from wrapping around the main line.

Russ