Fish cleaner near Mazurik? Fish cleaner near Mazurik? Fish cleaner near Mazurik? Fish cleaner near Mazurik?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fish cleaner near Mazurik?

Looks like it might be a great weekend for fishing.

I have always cleaned all of my own fish (that's why you don't see #'s @ cleaners from me in my reports), but I have been thinking of hitting a cleaner when we have 2+ limits of perch.

Anyone know of a good cleaner near Mazuriks? My major concern is that they have to be done while I wait as I don't want to run an hour back up there the next day to pick them up.
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Bomba's is 1/4 mile from the ramp. They open at 1 PM. Be there first and it will take no more than 1 hour. If you do not get there then it will be just like every other cleaner. A lot of perch to clean

Quote Originally Posted by B can man View Post
    Looks like it might be a great weekend for fishing.

I have always cleaned all of my own fish (that's why you don't see #'s @ cleaners from me in my reports), but I have been thinking of hitting a cleaner when we have 2+ limits of perch.

Anyone know of a good cleaner near Mazuriks? My major concern is that they have to be done while I wait as I don't want to run an hour back up there the next day to pick them up.
    Bombas is just up the road toward Rt 163 and would be on the left returning to 163. I used them for years while docking at Tibbles on East Harbor. Here is there address Bombas Fish Cleaning , 8640 E Northshore Boulevard Lakeside, OH 43440-1129, This is the phone number that I have (419) 798-4189.

Here is a map of sorts.

http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine...89/map?novum=1
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

There is also one on 269 just south of 163 by the cop shop (Danbury) boytom's is the name I think and they stay open late on Sunday One dollar per pound.

Quote Originally Posted by Bggeary View Post
    There is also one on 269 just south of 163 by the cop shop (Danbury) boytom's is the name I think and they stay open late on Sunday One dollar per pound.
    Have you used them recently? Just curious if there service has improved. Last time my son-in-law and I used them (2012) the fillet job was awful. They left a lot of the meat on the carcass. The place was filthy.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Yes, two weekends ago. The place was a little smelly but t he fillets looked good. The guy that got my batch is a regular at port clinton fish co. He goes over there afer p c closes at 5 Whew what a long day that would be. our bags weight was18 lbs for 29 lbs on the gill. I'm thinking all the meat was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bggeary View Post
    Yes, two weekends ago. The place was a little smelly but t he fillets looked good. The guy that got my batch is a regular at port clinton fish co. He goes over there afer p c closes at 5 Whew what a long day that would be. our bags weight was18 lbs for 29 lbs on the gill. I'm thinking all the meat was there.
    That is good to hear, glad they got their act together, then again maybe we were just there on a bad day or they had new cutters. I will pas on your report so others know. I think all fish cleaning places smell.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Marblehead Fish Cleaning is the name of the place on 269. They did a nice job on the perch but the wait is horrible. A couple of weeks ago we waited over 2 hours and this last weekend the lady told us 2 hours and turned into being a 3 1/2 hour wait. They are not very fast for as many people they have there cleaning fish. like my wife says, if I don't want to wait to clean them myself.

Default Fish Cleaner

The best I have found is Bays Edge 5359 Bayshore Road Port Clinton Phone 419-732-9960 or Marine Channel 19 do a good job

Bays Edge does an excellent job...not sure about the wait because I always pick up the day after