Perch around Kelly's Perch around Kelly's Perch around Kelly's Perch around Kelly's
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch around Kelly's

Wanted to go to the dumping grounds today. Got on the lake around 7am. Very smooth until we got about a mile east of Kelly's. Wind picked up and weather looked bad so we stopped and decided to wait it out there. Constant action from the moment we dropped our lines in the water so we stayed until we ran out of minnows. Mostly white bass and white perch (we keep them, they fry up just as good or better), but the yellow perch we caught (approximately 35 between 3 guys) were good size. We were about 1.5 miles east of the south end of Kelly's island. Heard reports from people at the ramp of limits at the dumping grounds north of cedar point as well. All in all we kept around 100 fish today. Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whoops

Well after looking at another thread about the interactive map I realized we could have went to the dumping grounds. We were actually too far north. Really need to get a mapping chip for our Lowrance Mark 4. Anywhere I can find a good deal? I had never been there before and thought it was farther east. I was looking for a pack of boats but everyone I saw was at least 2 miles east of cedar point. Oh well. It was still a great day after the winds died down. Plus I guess we helped to the yellow perch two fold- we didn't catch many of them and we kept a lot of white perch that eat there eggs. Your welcome!! Lol

In case you didn't see the other thread, check this out:
    http://marina.geowake.com/map/index....fullscreenexit

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, talked to a couple buddies that were up there today and the dumping grounds is absolutely on fire. fish have been there for a few weeks and the fishing is fantastic. But the pack of boats isnt always the place to be. We've done best outside the pack a mile or so, so spread out and find the fish everyone. Good luck