Couple years ago I upgraded my old Minn Kota Powerdrive trolling motor with a Minn Kota I-Pilot version. It has built in GPS navigational capabilities.
I got it primarily to help me fish the breaks and reefs for Smallmouth in my 20 foot Pathfinder. This thing has surpassed all of my expectations.

Although I anticipated using it's electronic anchor feature (SpotLock), I never expected to be able to perch fish with it. Just tell it to "stay" and it does. I've now deployed my actual anchor when perch fishing only twice over the last two years, and that was because the Minn Kota was giving my AM radio interference during Ohio State Football broadcasts.
It holds that well, even in high waves.

It really shines when the wind or current shifts while fishing. Instead of swinging on the anchor rode, the boat will just rotate around the trolling motor and I can stay on fish I've got feeding below.

Same thing when fishing when there is no or little current or wind. Boat wakes or rogue waves can push the boat in any direction, and the I-Pilot brings me right back on my fish.

Also saves a TON of trouble when I am hunting perch. When I mark them on sonar I just drop the Minn Kota and stay put. No more estimating rode lengths and current direction to hit a precise spot. If they aren't biting, I haven't wasted time deploying, setting, and retrieving an anchor. I just pull the Minn Kota and go.

I know that many of your boats aren't a fit for a bow mount trolling motor, but for those that are this is a freak of nature. It really delivers.
The 24 volt 80 lb thrust handles my 20 foot boat fine all day. A 36 volt 100 lb model is available. And no, I don't sell these things. Just really pleased with what mine has done for me and thought I'd share.

See you on the water !