Perch 8/16 Perch 8/16 Perch 8/16 Perch 8/16
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Perch 8/16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch 8/16

My dad and two of my daughters went with me today. We too hit the dumping grounds. One of my daughters didn't fish and the other did just enough to catch 4 fish. Dad and I caught our 60 though! Very very nice perch. Lots in the 9-10 inch range with the occassional 11-12. Kept about two dozen 7-8 inchers in that mix.

Spreaders on the bottom with no bling and red hooks. Just lift and there was a fish. Towards afternoon they slowed down for us a bit and either a slow reel would trigger them or slow reel to about 4 feet above the bottom and then stop.

We did not move from the first spot that I shut it down at and managed the catch in about 4hrs.

Plenty of white perch to be had. Not a shithead all day. Few white bass here and there.

Congrats to Black Pearl on the 77 perch in the same area. You exceeded your goal.
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B can man View Post

Congrats to Black Pearl on the 77 perch in the same area. You exceeded your goal.
    Clapping now very LOUDLY! LOL
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman