Shipping Channel To Toledo Lighthouse July 17 Shipping Channel To Toledo Lighthouse July 17 Shipping Channel To Toledo Lighthouse July 17 Shipping Channel To Toledo Lighthouse July 17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cheapeep36 Guest

Default Shipping Channel To Toledo Lighthouse July 17

For those who are in a hurry, didn't catch anything. We started 4:30pm near the large buoy about 2/3 of the way to the harbor light just outside the channel, 10 ft. of water, and let the wind take us along, since we didn't anchor. About an hour of that, and very few fish on the fishfinder, we had drifted about 1.5 miles north. We moved into the channel about 35' water. I got one nibble, and that was it. Gave that about an hour, and headed back towards the mouth of the Maumee river. Stopped about a mile short of that and fished in the channel for about 30 min, and packed it in. Our best tactics and spinners, spreaders, and shiners, all bright colored, did nothing for us. Maybe next time...

try northeast of water intake or three miles off wards canel, for limits of perch,
    14 to 20 ft. off crane creek for walleyes 10 count, cooper blades

ERIE REBEL1 Guest

We really don,t need your report as the gas money spent and the bait money spent was a waste of time and money.If you can't run with the big dogs STAY HOME ON THE PORCH.There are good perch reports coming in.You were about five miles west of them.

cheapeep36 Guest

Well thanks for the nice response mr eerie rebel...is it you who does not need my report, or is it "we"? Who is "we"?? The first sentance summarized my trip! You should have stopped there! Well, enjoy, may the Lord bless you in ways you never dreamed of, and get out there and catch something!!

Default Fishing is the number 1 Rest and relaxation past time

A bad day fishing is always better than a good day at work. I feel blessed to be fortunate enough to afford a boat, gas docking etc. when so many are feeling the squeeze of energy prices escalating out of control. I wish you all coolers full of fat fish. The dog days are getting shorter and the bite will pick up. There was just an enormous hatch of mayflies. It's hard to compete with that. Keep the lines wet and tight.
    Peace,
    Spoontang

HUNTER Guest

Thanks cheapeep for the report, not like some people that seems like they have a personal problem. (Eire Rebel) This is place that people come to read reports. good or bad. Thanks again.

ERIE REBEL1 Guest

Hey spoontang have you ever seen me give a bad report or give someone advice that was nothin but a bunch of bull?When ever I am on the water I always give a decent report.Where,how and when.With the price of gas these days it pays to do your homework.Call the bait shops find out what is going on before you even leavr your driveway.I have only had two trips out this year when we have Not limited out.That is out of twelve trips.

Rebel- I feel you provide a wealth of quality information to those looking to try the waters you fished or new techniques you shared as productive. I am confident you have helped many fishermen land many fish due to your postings.

It is unfortunate in this day and age ($4.44 a gallon at gas dock) that any of us just burn fuel and don't reap the reward of filling the cooler or landing a trophy to photo and release to spawn or be landed again. I have stayed home more this year than before when the bite is soft due to fuel prices.

I learned a few years ago that it is near impossible to balance the cost of fishing/hunting with the market value of the fish or game we catch. It just takes some of the fun out of it for me as I was constantly calclating money spent and what I bagged. If I did it for food, I would buy fish and game at the market and save a fortune.

I fish now more for fun than anything. I do catch and consume and even freeze an occasional fish however I havn't frozen a fish yet this year. I am all for any law abiding fisherman to catch, keep and freeze his household limits. I have fished with too many that kill, keep,freeze and throw away what eventually ended up freezer burned and waisted.

One individual is no longer welcome on my boat. I heard too many stories of his icefishing trips where he filleted fish on the ice and packed his snow suit pockets, inside and outside, with bags of fish and made it through a DNR check. He was cheating us all and I'm sure he still is.

Anyway. Cheapeep had a tough day on the water and somebody may have benefitted from not doing the same thing he did. My humble oppinion is it was a worthy report.

It sounds as though you two are a little at odds and thats ok. The beauty of this site is you can take what you need and leave the rest. We will all do better to stick together and help each other catch fish, tow each other in, lobby to lower fuel prices etc. I am certain you have each others best interest in mind.

I will end with a fishing report. Near Sherradin Point of Pelee Island, limits of 3-5 pound eyes are being caught. I am heading there tomorrow and Wed. An unusual bite inside of H can on the impact area was also hot last weekend. Many limits were caught there in 10 FOW just offshore. Perhaps they moved in to gorge on the recent hatch of Mayflies????

Good luck to all,
    Spoontang

Whit's Whaler Guest

Great post Greg, good luck this week, I'm sure you'll let us know how you do. Are you going to run over to Wheatley as well? I may be up on the lake around the islands on Friday evening, are you going to be around?

Rebel, you can always say what you want and Spoontang is right your posts are most often informative, but in the interest of being helpful you probably should have said better luck next time, try 5 miles to the east. Slamming "Cheap" about a what you view as a bad post doesn't really do anyone any good.

I will make the run if conditions are perfect on Wednesday. I have the itch real bad. I would also like to fish one day this weekend. The bite I mentioned near Pelee is outstanding. I have a friend who did outstanding there Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I will stay in touch.