Shipping Channel To Toledo Lighthouse July 17 Shipping Channel To Toledo Lighthouse July 17 Shipping Channel To Toledo Lighthouse July 17 Shipping Channel To Toledo Lighthouse July 17
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoontang,
    Where is to closest launch site to get to Sheridan Point (I live in Dundee)? Since it appears it is in Canadian water are there any special boat requirements? Where would you suggest getting a Canadian License and what are the limits over there? Where are the "H" can and the "impact area"? May make the run on Thursday. Sorry for so many questions and thanks for all your posts to help us out.

Post Thanks / Like

Sheridan Point is on the Northwest side of Pelee Island. many of the fish passing through there are the fish that have left Ohio waters. You can purchase a license at the tavern just across the street from West dock on the West side of Pelee or you can go to Scudders Marina in North Bay and take a taxi to the hardware store. I would launch as far North on Catawba as possible. The run would be about 15 miles to West dock and another 5 to Sheridan Point. H can is a Camp Perry impact area boundry marker just West of the Portage River. Sunday there was firing going on and there was a military boat making rounds to keep boats out of the area. The H can bite won't last long. I would advise making the run to Pelee. Remember, the smallmouth are thick there. If you struggle with eyes, be rigged up ready for some bronzebacks.

Post Thanks / Like

True Blue- I didn't answer your boat requirement question. When you dock and hit land, you need to call customs and report. Each passenger should have birth certificate and drivers license. The captain needs to make the call and give boat registration numbers and information for each pasenger. They will need age, birthdate, name, purpose, length of stay, tobacco, alcohol or weapons on board, (weapons include mase). It is easier than it sounds and well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Spoontang,
    I may be able to get out on Thursday but have a few questions. Where is the best place to launch to go to Sherradin Point (I live in Dundee)? Do you need any special markings or equipment on your boat to fish in Canadian waters? Where is the best place for me to get a Canadian license? Where is the "H can" and the "impact area"? Sorry for so many questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Disregard the second message, my first message and your response didn't show up until after I hit enter.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if you would benefit from launching somewhere in Toledo or trailering to the Catawba Island area. I am jealous you are so close to Cabelas. You always have a way to get your outdoor fix. Good for you. I love that place.

ERIE REBEL1 Guest

I would thin it would be easier to leave out of Cawtaba if possible.Like we stated with the price of fuel these days running from Bolles or Sterling would be a *****.

Post Thanks / Like

Rebel-You said that right brother. I got a little excited when I saw the price of fuel down to $3.62 today. It is a sad thing when we feel good about $3.62. Just 27 months ago, we were paying$1.60 on the road. What happened when prices dropped on Monday and only went up Thursday? We have been conditioned to 5 times a day adjustments and that just isn't right. I sure hope for near future improvements.