Perch? Perch? Perch? Perch?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Perch?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch?

Anyone had any luck on perch(yellow ones of course) this week near the Port Clinton area? Heading out Saturday morning and haven't heard much this week. Catawba, Niagra, Green & Rattlesnake? Any input would be appreciated. My freezer is void of perch and I'm really in the mood. I'll post a report when I get in.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool July 15 thru 17 Perchin

On the 15th Fished around F Can caught 35 perch just me and my wife.
    On the 16 th went back charted all kinds of fish but wasn't bitting went between kelleys and put in bay right even with perry's monument and a red barn on kelly's closer to kelly banks though caught around 25.
    On the 17th went back to spot between kelleys and put in bay they shut off as well went just south of green alot of boats but i had no luck. Went to the south east end of kelly's about 1/4 miles from shore where the ferry goes back and forth in about 24 foe. charted alot of fish caught 20 nice perch ranging from 8 to 11 inches in lenth in about an hour then just got to hot so we called it the day. Not one boat around us my wife always thinks we need other boats around us to catch fish so her effort was less then normal until i got 4 nice perch in just a few min. Go get em.... Good luck

Walleye Seeker

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply Seeker. I've often had trouble explaining to people that fish aren't attracted to boats, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Monday I was out with the wife and 2 kids. No real expectations as I was in 20 FOW near G can in a strong breeze and stained water. We has 5 dozen shiners and used them all. We even started cutting them in half to extend the bite. I didn't do a count but must have had near 50 nice perch in a short time. Not 1 single throw back. All 8-11 inches. Great bite and less than 3 miles out.