perch perch perch perch
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: perch

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch

Hello gang, this weekend is going to be tough, my oldest daughter and 3 grandchildren are coming up for the first time this year and I'm under the gun to show them how to catch fish. I come out of Bass Haven. Have tried the 4 corners of Kellys and out in front of Marblehead light house with slim pickins. Anyone had ant up and down? Just haven't heard much about perchin being to hot yet. Any help would be great! Thanks guys.

Geary

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

try north east of green about one half mile was there tuesday and got 60 limit for two nothing real big afew 10s and alot of white perch had to sort alot but we got em goo luck

Post Thanks / Like

Default gull shoal area

Heard a report of gull shoal, might give kellys shoal a try too, always have luck a couple hundred yds south of the can, if not there, the 47 ft hole just a 1/4 mi to the east. Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch Bite

I saw some clouds on bottom on the old Hummingbird in 27' of water right in the middle, line up between the monument on South Bass and the south tip of Kellys it took 4 of us about 4 hrs to limit out but it was fun not Jumbos but good 8 to 10 inchers 29 lbs whole 1/2 minnows worked the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the replies fellas!

Post Thanks / Like

[IMG][/IMG]

Got sort of a funny perchin today with the little ones I ended up ignoring all the good tips and went out in front of the gate keeper only got 20 but look at the boys f.o. first time perching. I'm guessing the heats off me now. Tons of fun for 3 hours.
    Last edited by Bggeary; 08-10-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy Cow. Nice perch young man. That looks like the ones we get when we go to Conneaut.
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.

Post Thanks / Like

NICE Perch --never caught a 13" --YET. where is the gate keeper (water intake?)

Post Thanks / Like

Gate keeper ride at cedar point

Post Thanks / Like

Sunday was better had 52 in 3 hrs. 4mi. east of southeast corner of Kellys. The last 30 mins. it was up and down with some doubles, good thing or we'd been stuck at 19 fish