Perch'n USA (08-03-13) Perch'n USA (08-03-13) Perch'n USA (08-03-13) Perch'n USA (08-03-13)

Default Perch'n USA (08-03-13)

If everybody had an ocean...

Made it out around 10:30 this morning. Headed for Kelley's shoal to perch, but got distracted on the way around Kelley's by a large flock of gulls just off the southeast tip of the island (I get distracted easily) . Anchored very close to them and started having a blast with white bass. Caught about 20 of those things in 20 minutes and then decided to move on to look for perch. Did keep two quite large white bass from there.

Moved to the east side of Kelley's and stopped about three-fourths of a mile to east of Kelley's. No perch there. Moved up to Kelley's shoal, no dice. Went out by "old c-can", nope not there either. Decided to run to the bell bouy off the cedar point shipping channel break wall, when I came across a pack of boats about 3-4 miles due east of Kelley's. Again with the distractions! I stopped and immediately started marking tons of fish. Anchors away and finally a first yellow perch in the boat for the day. Very slow bite though, but a steady stream of marked fish.

Finished the day with 2 nice size cats, 2 nice size white bass, a nice white perch and 10 decent (7-11inch) yellow perch. Throw backs included 4 yellow perch that were too small, lots of white bass (first spot) and a ton of barnyard shitheads. My daughter was keeping score until she decided to take a nap and we were at over 50 fish at that time.

If I was set up for trolling, I would speculate in that last area off of Kelley's. Not sure what I was marking, but highly doubt that there were that many yellow perch down there.

Beautiful day on the lake and got HOT at one point when the wind completely stopped and the sun was baking us.

Had to deal with two a-holes at Mazurik when I went back in. They had their 100k dollar speed boats blocking up two of the ramps and people were lined up to load up on the remaining ramps. One of these guys couldn't get his boat running it seemed like. Fine, but the other ******* standing on the dock beside his own boat needed to get his ass out of the way.
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

We went from east Kelly's to Kelly's shoal to gull shoal to ballast multiple stops and ended with 26 yellows. Did anyone do good on the yellows? Theydidnt want to turn on.