Depth finder advise Depth finder advise Depth finder advise Depth finder advise
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not think it matters what brand you buy. It is how much you pay for it. They are made to compete with each other. If you spent 3 -4 grand on one you will not have any complaints. All the big name brands have good units. Just buy power and a good transducer.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently talked to Gil and he recommended the Gramin 547xs and the Tm150m transducer. He says it has CHIRP technology which is what all the manufacturers are going to. He sent me a bunch of info too. I you want it let me know... Im gonna order it when i round up the cash

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lorance hd7 touch

I am considering buying a new fish finder.I have a humminbird 798cidi and have had nothing but trouble. I am looking at the lorance HD 7 touch model. Has anyone had any experience with the Lorance.

Post Thanks / Like

i have a hds 5 gen 2. absolutely love it. To date have not had any troubles. I am going to upgrade to a 10 this winter i think. I would reccomend the unit.

Post Thanks / Like

have a Garmin 5212 touch screen. Very fast to move around the screen. It gits er done. I think touch screens regardless of brand are a lot simpler to operate rather than 12 buttons. Garman has a no brainer menu.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the elite 7 combo unit without the down scan . I really like it .easy to use and I did not have to buy a map card .

Post Thanks / Like

The way I understand the DSI, you have to be moving around 3 to 5 mph for the image to be displayed accurately. That is ok when you are scouting an area but for the way we fish it doesn't really fit the bill IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I bought the Elite 5 DSI Gold package. After searching for something good on a budget, I picked this one. At first I wasn't impressed. View was real fuzzy and clouded with turbulence. But after moving the transducer a little farther from the outdrive, it is now looks just about like the simulator. It's is easy to use and move through the screens after playing with all the settings. The Navionics Gold card is the perfect addition. Actually after a few weeks I upgraded to the Navionics + and now it's perfect.
    I had looked at all the expensive ones and could really see that they may be better. However for the prices for them I couldn't justify dropping that kind of cash. I'm not a charter captain, so for my recreational use the Elite 5 is a perfect fit. I got the best price from West Marine, while on sale, for just over $400. With both the fish finder and the GPS, that's a steal.
    Just food for thought for the little guys. Placement of the transducer makes a world of difference. This is just my opinion and experience with this particular unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have any thoughts on hummingbird 898hd so? Screen big enough? Any thoughts on the humminbirds. Is the side imaging and or down imaging worth it? Would I be better off with a bigger screen and no side imaging like the 1158 c DI? Any input would be helpful. Or maybe a 958 c HD di?
    Thanks,
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Default humminbird units

Am thinking of a humminbird 898c HD so. Any thoughts would be helpful. How is the size. Is the side imaging worth it. Would I be better off going with a 958 c HD DI or an 1158 c DI?
    Let me know everyone's thoughts and pros and cons of any of these units.
    Thanks,
    Dan