I know its a bit of a run I know its a bit of a run I know its a bit of a run I know its a bit of a run
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I know its a bit of a run

but, I got a 6 man limit of walleye in just under two hrs. on the southern tip of Point Pelee Wednesday. Just a mention of course if things are drying up over there. Pulled meat on the bottom with harnesses and ran 1.8 mph. The action there has been steady, furious and crazy busy.We didn't even: have time to even mow down a sandwich and a refreshment.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by limitlypps View Post
    but, I got a 6 man limit of walleye in just under two hrs. on the southern tip of Point Pelee Wednesday. Just a mention of course if things are drying up over there. Pulled meat on the bottom with harnesses and ran 1.8 mph. The action there has been steady, furious and crazy busy.We didn't even: have time to even mow down a sandwich and a refreshment.lol
    But a run well worth it!
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

What depth and how was the size? I fished that area on the 12th and we did awesome, however, the fish were all 18-22 inches. Did you try fishing straight East of Pelee Island about even with the point, in 38-40 FOW? That spot has been hot recently as well, but the fish were bigger.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hey Slimy

don't get mixed up with Pelee Is and Pt Pelee National Park point, I think you were fishing the point as those fish are quite small, some large ones in the mix,
    I don't like leaving fish looking for fish, I just upgrade size as we go, its getting late summer and be grateful what the lake has to offer, tasty morsels that won't cause you to glow in the dark. lol
    The only draw back of having to make the run, its hard on the ole body even in my 285 Pursuit in rough seas. You need experienced hands on board to help you out when you are in rough water too, also when there are smaller fish its hard to distinguish what the heck, and when the heck you are dragging trash or having a small eye on.
    I've got an eager crew wanting to hit the water today, I'll wait until lunch to make that call after the front moves through, don't want to get unlucky and experience a water spout. I already had my dose of that crap a month ago when I hit the heart of a very strong cell out there trying to get in. Took me 6 miles down the lake out of respect.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile also Slim

I fished in 33ft one mile west of the point and about two miles back north of the extreme tip, don't have nos. but there one heck of a huge bunch of fish all along there. You fished east of the north tip of Pelee Island?
    was on the other corner three weeks ago and there was many there but couldn't get'em to go in that hot humid weather we had.
    They've likely have made that turn out of the Western basin and heading for cooler waters. How close were you to the lighthouse between Pelee Is and Pt Pelee?
    What was your set up?

thanks, Tom.

Post Thanks / Like

I was fishing almost exactly where you were the last time out. We had 6 keepers in 15 minutes and 10 in 30 minutes. Crazy fishing. We have done very well straight East of the Island this time of year as well, however, I have not ventured out there in a while. In the past, we did very well, with lots of fish over 5 lbs. Just curious if you may have stopped to try it along the way. I am launching from Leamington, so it is only 3-4 miles to the spot you are talking about. I live in MI and trailer my boat over the bridge to the CAN side.

Thanks again.