walleye report 7-13 7-14 walleye report 7-13 7-14 walleye report 7-13 7-14 walleye report 7-13 7-14
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nothing Wrong

with taking the kids and explain the laws to them . They are our future outdoors men and women so why not . Im sure they have no problem stopping fishing when your limit is caught because they know its the law, same thing here . The kids are never to young to learn .
    Good Fishing

Non Pack Hunter !!!
    36 Foot Sportcraft
    Ranger 620
    Lowrance 104
    Ciscos

Reefrunners

Post Thanks / Like

great idea explaining the law to kids. they can still reel the fish in and if it's a walleye all they have to do is hand the rod to someone that hasn't got their limit yet, before the fish is brought aboard

Post Thanks / Like

Default Teaching Kids

OK, the 2 boys are having a great time, Dad is busy with all the details and at the end of the day there are 18 walleye caught. One boy catches 10, the other catches 8 making the "boat" limit . At the dock the game warden says "wow" what a nice mess of fish. Who caught them ? Do you tell your sons to lie or tell the truth ? Now how did the great day turn out ? What are they going to learn ? Just asking.

Post Thanks / Like

Default understand

What you are saying and agree but the law is the law. If it came to that , yes you can end up having a bad day.
    Good Fishing

Non Pack Hunter!!!
    36 Foot Sportcraft
    Ranger 620
    Lowrance 104
    Ciscos

Reefrunners

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by penalty box View Post
    great idea explaining the law to kids. they can still reel the fish in and if it's a walleye all they have to do is hand the rod to someone that hasn't got their limit yet, before the fish is brought aboard

I hear everyone, and I absolutely agree with explaining the laws to kids so they grow up not only knowing the rules, but respecting and following them as well.

rules are rules but i did say "hypothetically".

Ok so can you.......... or can you not let a child (person) reel in a fish (not knowing what it is, because it might be yet another damn sheephead) and then when you realize it is a walleye, have that child (person) hand the rod off to someone in order to fill their limit?

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious, do you guys do this when perch fishing too? It's hard enough to keep track of how many total let alone how many for each person.

I can remember when I was 16 and I was rabbit hunting with my little brother we both shot our limit of rabbits. My brother had a hole in his game bag and he kept dropping rabbits while we walked back to the truck so I took 2 of his and put them in my bag. When we got to the truck the Game Warden checked our bags. I told him I had 2 extras in my bag because my brother kept dropping his. He said, " that's fine as long as you only have 8 total between you." Wouldn't it be nice is everyone had the common sense that GW had.