anybody have this happen before? anybody have this happen before? anybody have this happen before? anybody have this happen before?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

Last year perch fishing I set my ultra light in the rod holder for a second just for my rod to bend over and snap the line. About 20 -30 seconds later a guy on the other side of the boat says I got a nice one on. He reeled in a 15" white bass with my spreader hanging from his mouth. We couldn't believe it but I was very happy to get my spreader back.

I hooked a beach towel trolling a few years ago. The back end of the towel was waving around just like fishes tail would. Sure thought I'd struck gold!

Angry this one takes the cake

about 25 years ago I was Ice fishing in St Clair, I had 4 holes drilled in two spots about 50 ft away , I had a tip up go down over the other 4 holes awhilst I was jerky up a nice perch in the hole I was at, I rushed over to get the tip up before it went into the water, slipped and my foot went into one of my 8 in holes I drilled previous and almost snapped my leg in two, finally struggled to get up on my feet , like a wounded soldier limped over to get the tip up and jerked it up and wala, all my other lines went into the water, which were all basically 15 ft apart, it ended up as a cut all lines episode and with a 25in musky as a culprit doing the cluster@@@@ part of it. Man, did he do a number on me.

I once caught two smallmouth on the same crank bait on the same retrive. That felt weird coming in one on the back treble and one on the front. They could have been twins.

Question Sign

I hooked a sign that said "Danger swift current" it was about 18X24 I thought I had a monster everyone was lookin like he's been fighting that for a while then I pull it up and everyone has a good laugh... I did mount it on the garage wall, after all I did hook it!
    Good Luck be safe!
    LOWE LIFE

Tuesday I had a family out the kids were great and the fishing was good . I was running 8 plainer board rods a side # 7 doubles over and comes off the relase then # 5 bends over good then bends more and breaks the rubberband as the boys let the fish swing toward the back of the boat the line stay together we figgure they were tangled .As they got close to the net I see 2 walleyes each has a different RR in its mouth but one has the front of the second RR in his mouth also . The rods are spaced 20' apart on the board line . I have been fishing for over 50 years and have never seen that before .

A couple years ago i caught 2 walleye on one jig, one on the jig and one on the stinger hook both over 20 inches pretty awsome.

last year a buddy and i was perch fishing i was using shiners and he was using gulp after he was getting robbed all day i pulled up double jumbos 13'' and 14'' once they were in the boat they both puked out his berkley gulp minnows lol he didnt think it was as funny as i did.

Good stuff guys.......keep me coming!

OK, since I don't have any good walleye WTF moments, ill share another. Several years ago I was ice fishing with a guy that introduced me to the outdoors. This is the guy that is responsible for my addiction to fishing and hunting and I try to take him with me at least a few times each year. So i was 16-17 years old and jiggin for bass on a local lake. I hooked about a 2.5# bass and was fighting him for about 3 minutes when he abruptly turned and came sliding right up out of the hole. As I reached down to pick him up, another bass about the same size shot out of the hole and hit me in the leg.

Stunned.... my buddy said nobody would ever believe it and I should just forget it ever happened. Well I haven't and still think it was some Kamikaze fish action to get even for catching his pal.

I've got a few WTF moments myself.

The first happened when I was 11 or 12. My buddy's dad took us fishing in a pond in their subdivision. This thing was loaded with bass & huge bluegill (we caught some 10 inchers in there). My buddy hooked a bluegill, and for some reason or another, he left it in the water on his line. After a minute or so, the line got heavier, so he reeled it in. The hook had come out of the bluegill and somehow had fed through one if its gills and a bass hit it. I still can't figure out how in the world the line went through its gills.

The second, my cousin and I were fishing a lake behind our grandparents' house when we were younger on the 4th of July. There was a small foot bridge that cut the main lake off from a small swampy area. As we were walking across the bridge, a fish (I'm assuming a carp or grass carp) jumped out of the water and hit me in the leg. Still to this day nobody in our family believes us, even though this story is 15+ years old.

The last one happened in the Gulf of Mexico, about 20 miles out from Panama City Beach. My graduation present from my parents was a fishing trip! While we were over the captain's artificial structure catching our limit of snapper, I hooked into something much larger than what we had been catching. I was fighting the fish in, when all of a sudden there was a hard pull on the line then nothing. When I reeled it in the rest of the way, there was nothing left but the head of a 12-15 lb grouper. The captain said it was most likely a large barracuda had taken my grouper fillets right off of my hook!