what a great fishing weekend what a great fishing weekend what a great fishing weekend what a great fishing weekend
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default what a great fishing weekend

I am so glad the walleye fishing is on fire. The summer bite is as good as it can get.. we fished east of kellys all weekend and we could not even keep the rods in the water.... 75 to 130 back on 40 true trips with djs customeyes harnesses... at 1.9 to 2.6 mph.. wow... visit the facebook page link below for a picture of a captains l I mit from today... thanks and good

Question east of kellys

how far east were you??????

Glad to hear you're still getting them Jim!

I sent a buddy of mine to you last weekend and they said Eric did a great job for them. They were the group that got the 10 pounder!

How far east to run this divers that far back? I was east of Kelley's in 25-35ft. Did well yesterday but same program today put 2 fish in the boat. I wouldn't describe our weekend as on fire. Had some problems.

"Co-captain" went way way to fast.. 3.0mph+, he wanted to run cranks, seemingly no matter the reports. Still managed to catch a few on true trips and work harnesses/spoons.

Lost a brand new bare naked tru trip and jagerbomb today. Still pissed about that. Frustrating weekend in all
    Last edited by freddie; 07-14-2013 at 09:12 PM.

I saw you come into East Harbor yesterday afternoon/evening, not far behind us. Would have valued but my phone was dead

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    Glad to hear you're still getting them Jim!

I sent a buddy of mine to you last weekend and they said Eric did a great job for them. They were the group that got the 10 pounder!
    Thanks... I believe that they already rebooked with erik... Yes Capt Erik is really doing well... I could not ask for a better staff... all of my guys are really doing well... thanks guys...

Blog Entries

Default freddie

freddie met you at the dock when I droped off your guys jets, (those bared naked one are pretty awesome looking. You should of shouted out for the Somethin Fishy. We did well- but came in early due to a sea sick person. It was the worst I ever saw. We ran the 40's 80- 95, BUT went with the 50's at 43'-50'fb at 2.1mph, it was alot easier bringing all that line with 50 leads.
    Friday white bass central, anything with a silver back was a magnet, but thanks to Spoonfeeder for giving me the spoon of choice- IT made a night and day difference= BITE ME, and Jager with a gold back- thanks Ron
    Ron
    www.somethinfishycharters.com
    aka- Capt. Concrete

Hey Ron, thanks again man!! Sorry for forgetting a shout out at you!!

If it isn't a hassle, I may hit you up for a couple more of those bare nakeds.. those things look awesome - hopefully they work half as good!! Didn't even get a chance to get the speed down and see how it'd do.

Tru trip question.. where do you zero the line counter at? Whenthe tru trip hits the water at the right dive angle, or with the diver at the rod tip?
    Last edited by freddie; 07-15-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Default zero

You hit zero at the rod tip always, keeps it simple. Mike

Blog Entries

Default zero out...

everybody does it slightly different, I myself go off the water (parellel with tow line so it give you a somewhat accurate idea). If you zero at tip, id add 3-4 feet to lead to account for distance towline is off water....BUT what I found out is....when something works, keep going with it no matter what the boat or your buddy is doing next to you. We all share leads to get us in ball park- But scatter your leads +/- 2' to dial your personal boat in.
    3mph may have been fast...How in the heck did you keep your releases on going that fast with 3-4' waves? lol. Be out this weekend- r
    Ron
    www.somethinfishycharters.com
    aka- Capt. Concrete