Looking for some advice Looking for some advice Looking for some advice Looking for some advice

Default Looking for some advice

Recently purchased a 93 pro v 16 tracker with a 48 hp Johnson and was looking for some advice on taking for walleye...what is some necessary tackle I will need?
    Thanks in advance for any. Help.

Line counter reels, jet divers, barrel swivels & spoons for trolling. That's what's hot right now. The list is very very long but it is a game of accumulation

A bigger boat

ned a bigger boat, and about 10k for gear! Seriously don't do it all at once. Figure out how you like to fish and work toward that first, then start getting the extra stuff. Things you need are drift socks, good minnow bucket, good cooler, couple buckets, a good ned, and 2 good anchors. THis walleye season is almost over so gear up toward perch season more so. Keep checking back here, everyone will offer advice all year. Next year, start with hair jigs, blade baits, etc... as that will be the first fishing you do. THen start accumulating trolling gear.

GOOD LUCK

troy
    ch 68
    summer huntin

Quote Originally Posted by IrishUkrainian View Post
    Recently purchased a 93 pro v 16 tracker with a 48 hp Johnson and was looking for some advice on taking for walleye...what is some necessary tackle I will need?
    Thanks in advance for any. Help.
    First thing is; Make sure you have ALL necessary safety equipment. This should include life vests, two anchors, signal flag, flares, marine radio, etc. Look on the coast guard site for required boating safety equipment.

As for the fishing stuff. I agree with it being a game of accumulation. I just got into the lake erie fishing game last year and it seems that I am always buying something (or having something that I want to buy).

I would be leary about going out very far on Erie in a 16ft'er, though I have seen plenty of guys out there on calm days in boats that size.

Perch fishing is by FAR less gear intensive than walleye fishing.

I guess it all depends on how successful you intend to be at walleye fishing. I know that my intents are to buy about six good trolling rods (not cheap), a kicker motor, several jet divers of different sizes, new (mid-to-high grade) electronics (sonar/gps). MORE TACKLE (spoons, harnesses, weights, snaps, line, reels, on and on and on...)

Things that I have acquired recently to improve fishing and the fishing experience; New coolers, pretty good GPS, drift sock, new life jackets, LOTS of tackle (many different sinkers, bottom bouncers, worm harnesses, hair jigs, snaps and swivels, spreaders, hooks, so much more), new aerator.

Things that I consider myself lucky that the boat came with are; downriggers with weights, SEVERAL rod holders, low-grade electronics, kicker motor mount. (She was a Lake Michigan salmon trolling boat a couple of owners ago.)

I can't say this enough... do everything possible to be as safe as possible while out on the water. I have seen it before and it is never fun when the lake makes a quick change from almost flat calms to four foot or higher waves.
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Fall and going into winter is a great time to buy equipment. I was able to pick almost all of my trolling tackle at about half price. Stores like Meijer, Walmart, Dick's, and even BPS/Cabelas have great sales after the season is over trying to clear their shelfs. Ebay is also a great place to pick up discounted items.

I posted this a while back, but in the interests of helping you out, I found this on Cabela's. It's the exact same thing as the pro pack that costs $102. Not sure why it's still on there, but have ordered 2 of them and both have had 2 "The Walleye" boards (1 port, 1 starboard) with both tattle flags.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Boati...3Bcat104504580

Smile Equipment

For trolling equipment try the bait barn, or fisherman warf in port clition both have everything you need at decent price.
    Reel Sport team.