Sorry I opened this can of worms with my poorly thought out and written response in reply #11 of this thread. I in no way wanted to make it sound like it was the Family Farms that were the culprits, but I still managed to do so just the same.

By farm runoff I was thinking about the Mega animal Farms located within the Maumee and Sandusky river drainages right here in Ohio that constantly ignore the rules when it comes to handling the animal waste and the dead bodies their operations generate. Most if not all are foreign owned and operated, those people and corporations could care less about our environment, both air quality and water quality. Their first concern is the almighty dollar at our expense, after all they just pack up and go home after destroying our air and water quality. Chicken/egg mega farms are some of the worst ones for leaving the dead chickens to rot in piles and the manure to accumulate without being properly treated, thus allowing the effluent those waste piles produce to run off into the local waterways and eventually finding its way into Lake Erie, a simple search will verify what I have just stated.

I therefore apologize to all of the Family Farmers out there who were offended by my reply. Be it known that I do stand by my assessment of the Mega Farms referred to in this reply.