Who would think it on Holiday Weekend? Who would think it on Holiday Weekend? Who would think it on Holiday Weekend? Who would think it on Holiday Weekend?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who would think it on Holiday Weekend?

Finally got out on lake yesterday! Course was not to fish, and not in my boat, but instead on Miller Ferry bucking once again stiff NE wind and 4-6 footers yesterday morning. Pretty bouncy ride out to Stone Lab.

Afterwards late afternoon I ran by my boat (it was getting lonesome) to charge the batteries . There are 200 boat slips in my channel. It was late afternoon, two days before a big 4 day holiday weekend, and in two hours I scrubbed my boat there wasn't one other person in the marina. No boats coming or going, no one in their boat, no one even coming down to their boat. In two hours all I saw was two people walking their dogs. It was eerie (no pun intended).

This weather has to be really hurting the bait shops an marinas and I woke up to "more of same for 7 more days" forecast. Know some of you up close with bigger hard top boats are getting out, but for those of us farther away, with smaller boats, who play it safe from thunderstorms, well these continued 40-50-60 percent thunderstorm forecasts suck.

Post Thanks / Like

As the boat sits in the driveway, I plan to give her a good wax, install the "new" gps/fishfinder, change the oil in the lower unit, maybe put a set of bearing buddies on the trailer, and anything else I can think of. Tinkering with the boat is the only thing that seems to help.

This can't last forever... can it?!
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Post Thanks / Like

We tried it yesterday because it looked like the only day that had a decent chance to go out.