Drifting off PIB 6/27-6/29 Drifting off PIB 6/27-6/29 Drifting off PIB 6/27-6/29 Drifting off PIB 6/27-6/29

Default Drifting off PIB 6/27-6/29

Spent Thursday, Friday and Saturday at the State Park and fished all three days. Day one, Thursday, only out for a couple hours due to our power going out in Cinti the night before so I couldn't pack for the trip until the morning. We went up west of the buoy on West Reef and got only 2 before the sky got dark and we decided to head in before the rain to set up camp.
    Friday we had 10 before noon when the wind picked up and my Gilligan became apprehensive about the 2 to 4's in our 1750 Crestliner Sportfish.
    Saturday got on the water at 6AM went up to our numbers northwest of west reef and forgot the worms at the campsite... an hour or so later we made it back out and got our two man limit before 1PM.

All fish were 16-18" with the biggest being 22". Had over 10 shorts which I think is good. Been several years since I had seen that many.

We drifted away from the pack between .4 and .9mph and casted weapons with small hammered gold blades # 3 I think and as long as there were a few green beads they worked. A 15 count with a 3/4 sinker was by far the best all three days. Had Bouncers out but only took one there with a whole lot of junk fish. It looked like the Charters where all headed to the Kidney but being the prudent skipper we stayed within two-three miles north/northwest of North Bass. At one point on Friday my Gilligan got a text message welcoming him to Canada! I checked the Lowrance and we were within a couple hundred yards of the line. Not sure how much all the texts to Gilligan's girl friend will cost me but whatever the cost it has to be cheaper then dealing with the Canadian DNR.

What a beautiful girl Erie is! Already thinking about next year.

-2Aces

Great post! The detail was awesome.