South bass island 23-28 South bass island 23-28 South bass island 23-28 South bass island 23-28

Default South bass island 23-28

Had an absolute blast with my uncle...first time trollers, we were in a 17 ft Crestliner. Thanks to captnbrian and skipper9 we did pretty well. We never got our two man limit, but we caught six eyes each day largest was 23". Due to being in a smaller boat we got nervous to travel at times with the weather this week. we did well between green island and rattlesnake in the evening and west reef to the kidney in the morning. All week long it was spoon harnesses and spoons with 2oz. Inlines 40 ft back. Harness colors that were most successful mixed veggies and walleye wacker. Spoon coolers were purple demon and jeager bomb! Again we had a absolute blast!! Thanks to captnbrian and skipper9 and many others on this site! Posting this on the iPhone in the cottage pictures to follow this weekend.

Thanks,

Ben and Mike

Default Stand up guys

I'll tell ya first hand, these fella's are a couple stand up guys. They always post where, when and what the program is and was. Have helped me and numerous others catch fish when out there, kudo's to em all, oh yea, Jims perch rigs work great too, thanks Jim, Mike

Thanks for the report! It's always a good time when you can enjoy fishing with family, I wish my uncle was still around to fish with me.

Glad it all worked out and you had fun and caught fish.

Default South Bass Island pics

Here are a few pics from our trip..We came into this as trolling rookies!! we struggled at first, we never limited out but we are stoked about our experience! we cant wait until next year!!!

wow, what an awesome time i had fishing with my nephew domers98 (Ben), as he stated this was our first time trolling ,all new equipment that had never seen the water. I put two scotty rod holder trees toward the back of the boat that held three rods each,however most of the time we were just using the four rods.He worked all four rods himself (checking for junk fish and so forth) and did an awesome job.I definitely need practice on boat control.We are already planning for next year, from the words of Bart Scott "cant wait"!!!!!!

Great job. Give me a call on your next trip see if cant get you guys up to limits