6-21 thru 6-23 6-21 thru 6-23 6-21 thru 6-23 6-21 thru 6-23
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 6-21 thru 6-23

Post Thanks / Like

Default 6-21 thru 6-23

Old 40s 50 - 80 back speed was from 1.9 to 2.6 each day was a new speed to figure out. I know one thing there is lots and lots of white bass out there.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about frying up some of the white bass to see how they taste.......if we start keeping them we'll need a bigger cooler!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    I thought about frying up some of the white bass to see how they taste.......if we start keeping them we'll need a bigger cooler!
    Don't waste your time. I can remember going with my Dad and uncle when I was a kid. We caught a whole cooler full, came home and cleaned them, and fried them up. Then we ordered pizza and threw them away lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    You may as well keep them if you're killing them. They're not terrible to eat, but the larger fish you'll need to remove the red line running through the fillet. White bass, Striper & hybrids are targeted in some parts of the country like Walleye are on Erie. Just like any fish, there's good ways to prepare them and there's bad ways to do it as well.

Of course, I'm sure there's plenty of people shore fishing that'd be happy to take them off your hands. Have you ever been to the Sandusky River in Fremont during the white bass spawn? There's plenty of people that will eat them.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink white bass

Come on walleye2go, they are pretty good if you eat them right away. Ain't worth a crap if you freeze them, even in water. They thaw out and are really soft. Got a new smoker/grill for father's day and those white bass are pretty darn tasty when you smoke em'. And please no jokes about being hard to keep lit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walleye2go View Post
    Don't waste your time. I can remember going with my Dad and uncle when I was a kid. We caught a whole cooler full, came home and cleaned them, and fried them up. Then we ordered pizza and threw them away lol.
    Lol....yea, I guess when we have walleye and perch to eat, why would we need to try any other fish anyway. But I would like to try some steelhead.

Post Thanks / Like

Were you still working the kidney area Brian?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes on and around that area.