watch the weather this week watch the weather this week watch the weather this week watch the weather this week
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile watch the weather this week

After sat. surprise storm I;m putting out a fair warning to all the fisherman, we went from calm seas to 8 to 10 foot waves
    sat. in matter of minutes without any warning, sustain 48 mile hour winds and swirling clouds if you got caught last night you know what we went thru on the western side. Be safe and watch the radar this week for sure.
    Reel sport team Capt. Mike and Wayne

Default surprise storm ?????

What was the big surprise ?? The local news channels were calling for scattered strong storms since early yesterday .. Calling for the same the next few days . Every summer with the heat of the day produces these storms very very often .
    Good fishing !!!
    36 Foot Sportcraft
    Ranger 620
    Lowrance 104
    Ciscos

Reefrunners

Saw it brewing on my intellicast radar app. Got the poles in and heading back to tne dock! Made it with 30 min to spare! that storm came out of no where!!! Seen it way to many times! -Dave
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Default same here

Was 14.3 miles around 300 and got a call from 2 friends on shore warning of the storms heading and pulled lines in in enough time to enjoy the storm from shore.
    Several other charters didnt even go out on their afternoon trips because of what they.saw heading this way on the radar. Seems you took a chance and almost got burned ..
    Good Fishing
    36 Foot Sportcraft
    Ranger 620
    Lowrance 104
    Ciscos

Reefrunners

Winds at the 45165 buoy were gusting to near 50 mph yesterday and it was raining at a rate of 4 in/hr! The 45165 buoy reports conditions every 10 minutes, which is more than any other buoy or station. Check the uglos.mtu.edu site for the latest observation.

Obserservations from the Toledo Light #2 can be almost 45 min old, while the 45165 station is no more than 15 min old.

Text 45165 to 734-418-7299 to get the lastest observation.

Safe boating out there!

We use the XM Marine Weather hooked up to our Lowrance HDS unit to tell of approaching storms, lightning, and weather alerts. This service has saved us many times on the water when our phones are tucked away. its money well spent.

Another storm is brewing
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

We got in about an hour before the storm hit. I had to cut off my radio chat with Black Pearl because a board go nailed, and within 15 minutes we were heading back in with the last 5 we needed! Whoever said on the radio to run 3 ounces 43 back, I owe you a beer because you got us off the water before the storm.

Was anyone out yesterday? 16 was busy with reports of a capsized boat and we watched the Coast Guard chopper fly around for hours, as well as a few Coast Guard boats moving around. I haven't heard of any more about what happened since we had to head to town around Noon.

Smile strong storms

Everything everyone said is true, we watch the radar from when we left the dock, and was calm and bright sun were we were fishing, no proir marine warning, and there was alot of charters around us, it hapeen so fast, The point I'm trying to make two
    small boats capized sat in our end, and alot of small boats are following the charters way out pass thier normal miles , and are getting in the hot walleye bite and our second guess the storms,
    and don't have boat size or horsepower to get in quickly, I'm just trying to help save everyone, we seen maney a boat at the ramp the people were in shock or white as sheets. just be carefull. Wayne REEL SPORT TEAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman86 View Post
    We got in about an hour before the storm hit. I had to cut off my radio chat with Black Pearl because a board go nailed, and within 15 minutes we were heading back in with the last 5 we needed! Whoever said on the radio to run 3 ounces 43 back, I owe you a beer because you got us off the water before the storm.

Was anyone out yesterday? 16 was busy with reports of a capsized boat and we watched the Coast Guard chopper fly around for hours, as well as a few Coast Guard boats moving around. I haven't heard of any more about what happened since we had to head to town around Noon.
    Here is the story on it...

He must have said the right things to the big guy up above.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...ours-Lake-Erie
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne johnson View Post
    After sat. surprise storm I;m putting out a fair warning to all the fisherman, we went from calm seas to 8 to 10 foot waves
    sat. in matter of minutes without any warning, sustain 48 mile hour winds and swirling clouds if you got caught last night you know what we went thru on the western side. Be safe and watch the radar this week for sure.
    Reel sport team Capt. Mike and Wayne
    Was sitting in my buddies pool off Cedar Pt. rd. in Oregon when my Goddaughter showed me radar of what was coming. It was beautiful at that point. In 10 min. it got real ugly over the lake and I said I'm glad I'm not out there. There have been days when I was out there though and it's not fun. It really moved in fast.