Island Perch Island Perch Island Perch Island Perch
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Island Perch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Island Perch

Friday four guys, only managed 4 Walleye drifting west of N Bass. Looked like good perch marks, so tried that but nothing. Probably mayflies on the bottom? Stopped west of gull shoal where I have done well two times in last week. Super slow. Good marks again but lots of MF carcasses floating. Moved to Kelles Island shoal can. Lots of boats. With engine running ( that was critical). Managed 70 nice ones in about three hours. Fished right next to a very nice bikini. One 13 1/2. Couple 12's. several elevens very few junk. Green or perch color was needed. They were picky.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love them bikinas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by half pole View Post
    Gotta love them bikinas
    I 2nd that!
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    Friday four guys, only managed 4 Walleye drifting west of N Bass. Looked like good perch marks, so tried that but nothing. Probably mayflies on the bottom? Stopped west of gull shoal where I have done well two times in last week. Super slow. Good marks again but lots of MF carcasses floating. Moved to Kelles Island shoal can. Lots of boats. With engine running ( that was critical). Managed 70 nice ones in about three hours. Fished right next to a very nice bikini. One 13 1/2. Couple 12's. several elevens very few junk. Green or perch color was needed. They were picky.
    Was that a size 13 1/2 bikini? If so that must have been a Fish Ohio one. I've seen green bikini's but never a perch colored one! True, most bikini's I've been around are picky!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 200 yds south

Fished south of the green can yesterday, kept nothing under 8 inches, 2 man limit, they wanted no bling for us, threw back alot of 7 inchers, kinda happy givin em back, alot of 10-11 inchers yesterday, kudo's to Hi-Way bait for the nice minnows for a change,Oh, and that was a nice 2 pc also !! Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default So much for that?

No bikinis and no nothing today at Kelleys island shoal can? Traveled south watching boats and talking to fisherman. No one doing much east f Kelly's Cuddle up next to a party boat SE corner f Kelley's. That's called Bouyou fishing. " I be fishing by you". More white perch and sheepshead than I could keep up with. Drove all the way to green, no boars, No fish Unbelievable!